Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit the Bullet

Bit the Bullet

Finally ordered myself a new pack today and went with the Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Cant wait to see how it is!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bit the Bullet

Got the same pack. Like it so far but didn't get anywhere near enough miles with it this year as I wanted
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Pretty hard to beat the Metcalf for a do-all pack, especially if you're not going to be doing any extended mountain trips. I'd suggest adding a couple waist belt pockets
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Yeah and if I do want to go on any extended trips I can just get a larger bag to put on the frame..

I love mine. Bought in 2018 and put some serious miles on it. Works great as a day pack - 5-7 days in the mountains. It will be a bit tight for 10 days. Food being the only really extra thing you have to bring on a 5 vs 10 day. With the right gear I think I can pull off a 10 day hunt with it.

I bit the bullet as well and have a new metcalf ,now what rain fly / cover are you metcalf veterans using?
    Duck tape can fix everything but stupid

Mystery Ranch makes great stuff. I've had a NICE frame and 6500 pack for over a decade and it's still great.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I got one this year and really like. Did a few 3 nighters and got to fill it up with deer and found that it carries weight really well.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Mystery Ranch makes great stuff. I've had a NICE frame and 6500 pack for over a decade and it's still great.
    I agree, Ive tried most all the top end packs Exo Mtn Gear, Stone Glacier, KUIU and for me the most comfortable pack is the MR Nice frame, a little heavier but so comfortable.
    My day pack is the MR Guidelight and the Crewcab bag, hard to go wrong with MR packs.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Solid choice BCHoyt! I bought a Metcalf a few years ago off Todbartell and think it's a great pack, high quality material and stitching. Having said that, I was considering selling it this spring as it's become a garage princess. My method of still hunting leaves me within sight or at most a 5-10 minute walk in and off a FSR.. As such, my most use for the pack is as a suitcase of some sort and it's sat in the wall tent or the cabin for 99% of my trips. Shame.