Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit the Bullet

Re: Bit the Bullet

Thats a pricey bullet. I've been eying up mystery ranch for a while, but I have to wait until at least one of my packs is toast before I can justify spending that much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by keno View Post
    Thats a pricey bullet. I've been eying up mystery ranch for a while, but I have to wait until at least one of my packs is toast before I can justify spending that much lol.
    Honestly once you try one out for any length of time you will wonder why you did not purchase it earlier. My father was the same as you until I handed him a MR Pintler and said try it out. Loves the thing now, cant believe how nice it is. He was stepping up from an Eberlestock backpack.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Pack came today and loaded it up with about 30lbs. Need to make a few minor adjustments but its already way more comfortable than any other pack Ive tried. Cant wait to hit the trails with it to get it all dialed in.

Super happy with the Metcalf and by far the most comfortable pack Ive tried on. Hopefully will get out this weekend and put some miles on it to see how it feels on trail.

sweet!!!!!!

Sh*t, all these rave reviews and I’m gonna leave here and google, thankfully I’m broke,,

I would give my Metcalf a 3.5 out of 5. Durable material, light and carriers nice but is severely lacking in pockets / compartments. I will be looking to sell and upgrade . Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor604 View Post
    I would give my Metcalf a 3.5 out of 5. Durable material, light and carriers nice but is severely lacking in pockets / compartments. I will be looking to sell and upgrade . Just my opinion
    Use different colour stuff sacks/dry bags in the main bag and lid. That’s what I do to organize and everything and then everything’s waterproof in the sacks.

I think you will find most of the serious pack companies are “light” on pockets.

Got one last year. Solid build, and the side zip is a great idea. Load it up!