Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good rubber boots

Re: Good rubber boots

Dunlops pretty decent. Good for everything, icefishing, water, slush etc... Not the best for any length of hiking around. Buy half size bigger and use a pair of bama liners. Keeps your feet sweat free pretty much. Nice to have a set handy. Worth the money, will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I have the woody Max muck boots. I put 35+km on them over 3 days elk hunting. No complaints
    Not a bad boot .. just buy em a 1/2 size larger .

Depending on how much you wear mucks they punch out quite a bit. I go a size smaller than normal and you wont need big socks, they are warm. I buy them in september and wear them everyday until the summer starts, by then they are a size bigger atleast.

Mucks here for me as well. I have used my mucks through everything including ripping around on the honda crf250 and on my Yamaha kodiak. No problems. I have the arctic pros. They aren't that bulky at all.

i like the dunlops....think my newest pair is the explorer model, grey in colour, the tread is more aggressive than the green models, I like them for slower paced hiking, good for ice fishing....wouldn't wear them for a strenuous hike, my feet would be swimming in puddles of sweat
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I've got the Muck boots in arctic sport and love them for hunting, walking the dog and riding the quad.

We’re using Muck Wetland Field boots for short walks when really wet and great for using on our boat trips. They’re also warm and comfortable for quading, but not a hiking boot.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

The Huntshield neoprene camo rubber boots from Cdn tire are very good pretty much all my group wear them . Tried all the other brands these fit best and wear well . Watch for a sale very affordable
    Last edited by Buck; 01-09-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I like my muck boots. For work though, Dunlops. Plus you'll be like 2" taller in the dunnys.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Thanks for the replies gents. I ended up with a pair of Muck wetland boots.

They seemed quite nice for longer walks and they were on sale at cabelas for $129.99

The sizing is a bit funny .... the 12 seemed a bit big. The 11 is maybe a touch on the smaller side. I went with the 11 and we'll see if they push out a 1/2 size