Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good rubber boots

Re: Good rubber boots

In 2012 I bought a pair of the Cabela's branded camo rubber boots. Use them on the Charlotte's for a few Blacktail hunts and every year since and they are still going strong with the zero leaks

I’m running the lacrosse alpha burly pros with 800g of thinsulate and couldn’t be happier and I easily hiked triple digit KMs with them on this season, and lately I’ve been wearing them hiking into all the good fishing holes and am still extremely happy with my purchase ! The camp pattern fades a bit with heavy use but the boot is light comfortable and has good tread grip.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I like muck boots, but I only get a year or two out of them, they seem to snag and puncture pretty easily. Iv found that a good fit helps with longer walks. My last pair I sized up 1/2 size to accommodate thicker socks, but was a bad move. My next pair I will size back 1/2.
    X2, I have exactly the same experience

Hunting partner this year bought Muck boots and loved them . What about Bogs ? Anyone use them ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Simms makes awesome rubber boots but they are expensive.

I ran bogs and loved them but the tread life is poor. Muck boots have served me well. There are several models so you need to try a few out.

I wear Muck boots for duck hunting and have had the same pair for at least 7 years now. I use them 10-20 times per season and have had zero leaks to date.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Guys, can you drive or operate an ATV in Muck boots?

The wetland model looks awesome, but they look so bulky. It would be nice if driving in them wasn't an issue.

Also, if you're a half size, did you go up or down to the kearest whole size?

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I like muck boots, but I only get a year or two out of them, they seem to snag and puncture pretty easily. Iv found that a good fit helps with longer walks. My last pair I sized up 1/2 size to accommodate thicker socks, but was a bad move. My next pair I will size back 1/2.
    So if I'm a 11.5 in everything, do you recommend I go with size 11? (They dont have half sizes from what I can see)