Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good rubber boots

Good rubber boots

Hey guys, what's a good quality rubber boot to buy?

Something comfortable for rainy blacktail hunting. Not too technical terrain, but 10+ km walking per day.

Bonus points is they are warm and can have my custom orthotics insoles put inside.

Thanks ... I dont have much experience with these other tha $19.99 pair from Canadian tire I use around the yard.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Good rubber boots

I have a pair of Marks Workwearhouse Dunlop knockoffs. They have a steel toe and are a bit heavy but I find them comfortable as hell with my aftermarket insoles. Super warm too.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I use Dunlops for almost everything now.

Muck boots make a variety of good boots with different levels of insulation. I use the arctic pros in the interior and love them for anything wet or cold. I have hiked 15km days and never had an issue, you can add orthotics but they arent the stiffest boots out there. I go through a pair a year but wear them 200 plus days of hard use.

I liked my muck boots. Until my dog chewed them into shreds.

I like my short Rocky rubber boots. Neoprene from ankle to shin height. Lots of miles on them.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I have the woody Max muck boots. I put 35+km on them over 3 days elk hunting. No complaints

Dunlop Purofort. Grip, Comfort, Safety.

I bet I've done more miles in mine, hunting and working, than anyone who doesn't wear Dunlop Puroforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I like muck boots, but I only get a year or two out of them, they seem to snag and puncture pretty easily. Iv found that a good fit helps with longer walks. My last pair I sized up 1/2 size to accommodate thicker socks, but was a bad move. My next pair I will size back 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Muck boots make a variety of good boots with different levels of insulation. I use the arctic pros in the interior and love them for anything wet or cold. I have hiked 15km days and never had an issue, you can add orthotics but they arent the stiffest boots out there. I go through a pair a year but wear them 200 plus days of hard use.
    This is pretty much my exact experience. I find it has to be at least -10 to wear the arctic pros or my feet sweat.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.