Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Born in the 4-9
    Posts
    700

    Re: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Just curious, how do the birds taste? I've heard you don't even try the legs as they are tough as heck, but would the main body be good or are they requiring a lot of spices and basting?
    The turkeys I’ve shot have been some of the tastiest game meat I’ve ever had. I have a secret weapon in my wife as she can cook!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

    BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Pitt Meadows
    Posts
    360

    Re: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Just curious, how do the birds taste? I've heard you don't even try the legs as they are tough as heck, but would the main body be good or are they requiring a lot of spices and basting?
    Meat Eater cookbook has an amazing recipe for a Turkey Pozole that uses all the tough meat other than the breasts. I think wild turkey is some of the best game meat there is. I just wish I didn't have to drive 7hrs to get one Hopefully, the continue to thrive and expand their territory
    CWTF Member
    BCWF Member

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I just wish I didn't have to drive 7hrs to get one
    When I started turkey hunting I lived up north and used to drive 12 hours to get there lol.
    Twist and pull.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    40

    Re: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

    I seen there's a turkey season on the island. Has anybody done any hunting over there? Are they similar size compared to the Kootney area?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Pitt Meadows
    Posts
    360

    Re: Spring Turkey hunt 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by walker1985 View Post
    I seen there's a turkey season on the island. Has anybody done any hunting over there? Are they similar size compared to the Kootney area?
    I've looked into it and it seems mostly around the Shawnigan lake area. They are there but there isn't much crown land to hunt them on. Most tend to stay on or close to private land for the most part. They are a hearty species though, so I am sure over time they will expand their range. Best to get out and see if you find any
    CWTF Member
    BCWF Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •