Thread: Older Zeiss Conquest vs Vortex Viper BDC

Older Zeiss Conquest vs Vortex Viper BDC

I currently have an older Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40. I was looking at the 4x12x40 to give me a little extra magnification. I really like the conquest and know it’s a well built scope, firstly I was wondering how much I would be able to see the conquest for? Secondly, how much of a difference in quality, light transmission, clarity etc do you think there is?

thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Older Zeiss Conquest vs Vortex Viper BDC

I would never consider selling Zeiss glass to get a Vortex.

Also ask yourself how often you shoot on high power?
    WSSBC
    CCFR

I would stick with zeiss! Their 4.5x14 would be a good choice. The terra line should be avoided though. Your current 3x9 is worth about $4-500.

Keep the Zeiss!!

Zeiss is pretty darn good, as long as it works I'd keep it. With that said, I'm a Vortex fan...I have a Viper 3-9x40 on a .22 and I have a Viper HS 2.5-10x44 on my hunting rifle, pretty good scopes for the money, clarity is really good, light transmission is also pretty good...I've used it in low light conditions, mornings, and it works very well.

Zeiss scopes are top notch in all categories. The older conquests are very good and tough, the HD 5 line is amazing, and the new V4 line is very well priced for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I would never consider selling Zeiss glass to get a Vortex.
    I am a fan of vortex (I find it is good glass for cost) but I'd probably keep the Zeiss. I'd probably (in normal times at least) check out the Vortex in the store. It will probably be fine, but I doubt a major improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tred View Post
    I am a fan of vortex (I find it is good glass for cost) but I'd probably keep the Zeiss. I'd probably (in normal times at least) check out the Vortex in the store. It will probably be fine, but I doubt a major improvement.
    Hey I get it. I own some Vortex pieces and at a price point they are decent but no where even close to the big 3. If the OP already owns Zeiss glass then he will be very disappointed with Vortex.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Awesome thanks for the input. I’ll keep the Zeiss on for now I think and start saving for a new one for a couple years down the road.