Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnniklz 2021

Re: Warnniklz 2021

Instead of waiting for the fish to hook itself have you ever tried sort of snagging the fish while you see it biting?
    Works pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kos View Post
    Instead of waiting for the fish to hook itself have you ever tried sort of snagging the fish while you see it biting?
    Works pretty good for me.
    On the last lake "not dugan" that we fished (same lake as myself and Tranq snowshoed in to)... I found a light jigging does work. I was basically friggin around when I caught mine... as was the case the last time time out.

However... however on "Dugan" Lake, I use a full raw white prawn (ideally un-peeled) and the fish will chew on the bait before actually "hitting" it. So you have to wait for the take longer than usual. Frickin picky fish anyways.

After rocking "Dugan" for so long, I've noticed I have developed habits of not touching my rod until there's a for sure hook up.

Also back to the point of using a huge piece of bait, I rock a size 2 or 1/0 hook. So I have to bet on whether I have the hook sticking out the tail, head or mid section. I'm basically dangling a cut plug set up with only one hook.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    On the last lake "not dugan" that we fished (same lake as myself and Tranq snowshoed in to)... I found a light jigging does work. I was basically friggin around when I caught mine... as was the case the last time time out.

However... however on "Dugan" Lake, I use a full raw white prawn (ideally un-peeled) and the fish will chew on the bait before actually "hitting" it. So you have to wait for the take longer than usual. Frickin picky fish anyways.

After rocking "Dugan" for so long, I've noticed I have developed habits of not touching my rod until there's a for sure hook up.

Also back to the point of using a huge piece of bait, I rock a size 2 or 1/0 hook. So I have to bet on whether I have the hook sticking out the tail, head or mid section. I'm basically dangling a cut plug set up with only one hook.

yeah I’ve had some pretty picky fish aswell, the main thing for me was whenever I would wait for the fish to hook itself a lot of the times it would swallow the hook deep down the throat and would be a pain is the a$$, so I tried jigging and now every one I catch is on the upper lip nice and easy.

I'm out of commission for a bit. This tree jumped me. But I came out on top.

Broken C2 and C5 in my neck. Hopefully I'll be ready for August

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I'm out of commission for a bit. This tree jumped me. But I came out on top.

Broken C2 and C5 in my neck. Hopefully I'll be ready for August
    Yikes that not good , all the best for a quick healthy recovery .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Probably gonna get lots of advice about how you f'ed up, but i think you already figured that out.

Glad to hear you are still with us... broken, bruised but a bunch wiser..

Heal well
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Really sorry to read this Warren. Hope you're ok. Good luck with rehab.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Shit happens. I honestly don't think I even seen it coming. Maybe I did. I remember having the big brush fire, then dreams of being in Super Mario World. Then waking up covered in blankets with people telling me the ambulance is coming.

Learned how many resources are used on one dummy. There's lots of good looking nurses and doctors here in Williams Lake.