Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First fly in moose hunt booked

Re: First fly in moose hunt booked

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    We used 5 gallon plastic buckets to take stuff in. They have so many uses: water buckets, seats around a fire, they hold 35 beer (not 36), waterproof, semi bear proof and they stack nice and easy just to name a few uses.
    SS
    Not to mention buckets make amazing mice traps..we got 15 or so in one night, they were everywhere! Now a bucket is a necessity!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Ley us know what this ends up costing after the costs all come in. I see they are about $500 US to start
    It was $748 CND Charge to my credit card Then you Who knows if I Get dinged duties

I believe luxe tents are made in China, if that’s the case you might be in for some heavy duties. I got killed on my stone glacier sky dome as it’s made in Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I believe luxe tents are made in China, if that’s the case you might be in for some heavy duties. I got killed on my stone glacier sky dome as it’s made in Taiwan.
    Yup probably But will still be cheaper than buying a 8-person tipi from seek outside

I would highly recommend the 3w stove they sell. I have tried a bunch and it’s the best all around. The glass door is awesome for keeping an eye on the fire.

"The glass door is awesome for keeping an eye on the fire." Caveman TV
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I would highly recommend the 3w stove they sell. I have tried a bunch and it’s the best all around. The glass door is awesome for keeping an eye on the fire.
    We already have the lite Outdoors stove

Thinking about getting one of those are tight Wood stoves from Home Hardware when they come in stock But I'm curious it comes with a 6-inch flue Can I go from a 6 inch down to a 4in Stove pipe and still have the stove function properly

I ended up buying the light Outdoors titanium XL stove can be a pain in the ass to set up but very impressed with the stove using the baffle. Three of the nights that we were using it we stoked it around midnight and at 7 a.m. it was still warm to the touch

As mentioned earlier, 20 Litre buckets have many uses. We used to seal them real good and put all our dry food in them and if we were tight on room they went in the pontoons. Years ago when I went nearly every year on a fly in I got the measurements for the cargo space in the beaver and constructed a 3 sided storage fence to the near exact size and it was great for not only knowing what to take but in what order to load the plane for best utilization of space. Tried to pack as much as possible in duffle bags as they could be squeezed into voids and other small openings. And many, many years ago, in the days of the Otter never leave home without your Honda Generator and full sheets of plywood for the tent floor. If I recall the Otter was $2.25 a mile. I think we spent more boozing it up in Smithers on the way up than the plane costed. To be young again!