Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First fly in moose hunt booked

First fly in moose hunt booked

Me and my hunting partner have booked our first fly in hunt. We are hunting the northwest corner of British Columbia the last week of September and beginning of October.

What tents do you guys all run during a fly in? What are some of the important gear that you guys can and not leave without?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First fly in moose hunt booked

following as my friends and I are hoping to do something in future.

What's your weight limit per flight?

Quote Originally Posted by WetLeopard View Post
    following as my friends and I are hoping to do something in future.

What's your weight limit per flight?
    1200lb including you and your gear

May I ask how much it cost you ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Me and my hunting partner have booked our first fly in hunt. We are hunting the northwest corner of British Columbia the last week of September and beginning of October.

What tents do you guys all run during a fly in? What are some of the important gear that you guys can and not leave without?
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Having flown into the northwest of Dease lake area a few times all being 2-3 weeks earlier than when you are going I would definately want a means of communication as there are no cell sites in moist areas. (at least back in the eighties and early 90's). That way if you get some cold weather and your lake ices you can organise yourselves. There is a good chance you will see some snow at some point in your trip. I used a moss 3 man tent for the two of us but any Quality tent. Most lakes up there have good fishing, a small rod and some spinners/ lures.

Check out Polar Bear Equipment for a lightweight wall tent and frame. (an 8x10 or 10x12)

Pack alarm x2 to surround your meat plus 3 to surround the tent. Cheap security enough to alert you to robber-griz.

Sat phone
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Check out Polar Bear Equipment for a lightweight wall tent and frame. (an 8x10 or 10x12)

Pack alarm x2 to surround your meat plus 3 to surround the tent. Cheap security enough to alert you to robber-griz.

Sat phone
    Thanks I already have a 10 x 12 wall tent also a Kodiak canvas tent as well as seek outside Cimarron tent. Just trying to see what everybody's using

Chest waders, inflatable with oars and a patch kit x2 or x3
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

InReach..that is what the pilots and flight service are using for communications and prefer in my experience the past few years. A decent size charge pack to keep the phone and inReach charged up. A propane heater for that time of year unless you have a wood stove. Our Coleman 17,000 btu radiant heater will heat the tent or vestibule very quickly, and yet can be turned down as necessary. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Thanks I already have a 10 x 12 wall tent also a Kodiak canvas tent as well as seek outside Cimarron tent. Just trying to see what everybody's using
    Cool, I'm talking breathable nylon wall tents that weigh about 12 pounds and pack like a sleeping bag and 20 pounds for poles.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."