Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
no fly in hunt trips for me just yet, but I have used my pop up ice huts for camping many times, out of the box they are not waterproof at all....also no bug mesh on doors/windows (for future use, not an issue for your fly in)....also the feet of the legs are not designed for hard use, staking it down on rocky/sandy ground in some high winds will wear out the fabric in those areas pretty quickly (first season of use for me)

if you are interested in that concept, should check out the russian bear tents, some of their smaller tents are in the ballpark weight wise of the pop up ice huts...and will last longer and be more comfortable
Thanks BR - I am Sakos hunting partner and was looking at those.

We're considering building out own Tipi out of a heavy duty tarp, looks fairly easy. I have a liteoutdoors ti stove and might consider a bigger stove for it as well. it will be used along side a Seek outside lightweight tent to give us the option of staying away from base camp for the night.

We were looking at those ice huts but have decided against using, the Russian bear tents look awesome but too expensive as we got some other gear (namely looking at a small inflatable zodiac type boat with a small out board and a satellite communicator.