Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly_in Moose Hunt

Hybrid View

Fly_in Moose Hunt

Looking for feedback from anyone who has done a fly in moose hunt with Liard Tours Limited, put of Fort Nelson.

I am looking at beginning of September on either Frog River or S. Gataga.

Thanks

OIiver
    Last edited by nelsonob1; 12-31-2020 at 06:06 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly_in Moose Hunt

Ill try a different question - does anyone have an opinion on moose hunting north of Fort Nelson last week of August to first week of September?

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
    Ill try a different question - does anyone have an opinion on moose hunting north of Fort Nelson last week of August to first week of September?
    I would do that hunt if there were no other choices for dates
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

No experience earlier in Sept. Both of my fly-ins have been mid to late Sept.

Just posted on your AO thread and then saw this one pop up. Hope ya get some good insight here too.

Depending on the country the moose will be more in the alpine above tree line in the early season. I would want a spot near the mountain/,alpine for sure.

The information I have is second hand. For moose, Netson lake is the one you want to go into. I guess its a shorter flight and has great moose habitat. Apparently hard to book, always full. How many guys are you planning to go with?
    I guess no success on your moose leh last season?

Quote Originally Posted by white moose View Post
    The information I have is second hand. For moose, Netson lake is the one you want to go into. I guess its a shorter flight and has great moose habitat. Apparently hard to book, always full. How many guys are you planning to go with?
    I guess no success on your moose leh last season?

LEH was a couple of swings and a miss, but a lot of fun. Now we have a moose bug. Tried for Netson but full.

Hunting just with my sons, wife and daughter for the ride.

Never flown in but hunted out of fort Nelson 3 seasons when I lived up there. Always took care of my moose in the first day I was able to get out in August..... I always just drove and hunted cut blocks and gas wells.... Not logging up there anymore but still some great sismic lines and oil/gas roads. I you are flying in do a hunt that gives you some good elk areas also as they open early as well. Usually were bugling by late August gathering cows and came into cow calling decently well. Lots of good lakes to fly in with good moose

I haven’t been to the places you mention, but have been into the North Gataga lake (beside mayfield lk). We weren’t moose hunting, and didn’t spent much time at the lake, but is was very evident from our hike around the lake that there was a great moose (and caribou) population. I wouldn’t hesitate to head in there with a rubber boat for a moose hunt. Also watch the hills above for sheep.

Private message sent.