Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Cabela's in Washington open soon

Re: New Cabela's in Washington open soon

As far as it goes they put the stores in "odd" locations because they actually become a holiday destination! Tour buses and the whole shebang, they have usually chosen small towns that offer an excellent tax rate and are usually very welcoming to the numbers of visitors. The Cabelas in Michigan are on the ATF and Customs radars and they do regular licence plate checks there.

Cheers
    Nemo me impune lacessit

How can we justify shopping locally now-a-days. I fully understand that shops may have brought their inventory in before the dollar began its rapid climb, but I just went to look at spotting scopes at my favourite local shop and they are literally 90-100% more expensive than ordering the same unit from the states. I'm always willing to pay a modest amount extra to buy things locally, but not THAT much. Someone is going to have to figure out a solution or Canadian retailers are gonna be going belly up at a rapid rate.

It's about time there was one close enough for a quick trip... I've never been in one and am looking forward to a visit someday. But... like Costco - you have to watch out because there ARE better deals in other stores with alot of the items they sell. Can't get carried away with the novelty of it all.
    ~D
    Don't wait up.....

All those who go to the Cabela's in Post Falls Idaho, forget not, that it's where the Buck Knife factory is too. Just putting it out there. I also think that Idaho's state taxes are less than Washington's. Cabela's is a destination store, not just a place to buy stuff. Which is to say that I remember gawking at all the displays, but never spent a ton of money there. I shop locally for some things, but for oddball stuff like say, an arrow saw, that purchase would be made at a redneck superstore.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

boyd050 Guest

Thumbs up Re: New Cabela's in Washington open soon

yup if you look at their map it shows one in montreal! now those of us in the kootenays are looking real forward to the one coming NOV 9th just across the line but I gotta tell ya, the Sport ski haus in kalispell and whitefish are spectacular too! I get the shakes just walking through the door, wow they have everything! and prices... beat ANYTHING you can do here, so I'm with those who say who cares if it's the US we're gettiing ripped off, for instance the gun racks for your quad handle bars,,, canadian tire...59.99 plus our wonderful taxes, US any store... 1995 montana NO taxes, it's a no brainer... I just bought a burris scope with the spotting scope, 305.00 here 500 to 600 without the spotting scope... and we're not getting ripped off????

like the guy in the commercials say........... save your money!!!!

I'm tired of being a consumer that feels ripped off all the time. House prices, gas at the pumps, vehicles. Here's what I'm talking about. I found this cool wool hunting jacket on Cabelas website called the Columbia Gallatin Range Jacket, priced at 79$! Being a smart(poor) shopper, I did some shopping around on the Canadian side. I live in K-town so closest to me is Wholesale sports in Kamloops. They have the same jacket(although they call it the Columbia Monarch Pass jacket?), priced at 139$ Canadian! Same friggin jacket. Sorry but that pisses me off. I have no problems spending cash to the south as long as I feel ripped off here!.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl74 View Post
    I'm tired of being a consumer that feels ripped off all the time. House prices, gas at the pumps, vehicles. Here's what I'm talking about. I found this cool wool hunting jacket on Cabelas website called the Columbia Gallatin Range Jacket, priced at 79$! Being a smart(poor) shopper, I did some shopping around on the Canadian side. I live in K-town so closest to me is Wholesale sports in Kamloops. They have the same jacket(although they call it the Columbia Monarch Pass jacket?), priced at 139$ Canadian! Same friggin jacket. Sorry but that pisses me off. I have no problems spending cash to the south as long as I feel ripped off here!.
    x2. Well said.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfields View Post
    As far as it goes they put the stores in "odd" locations because they actually become a holiday destination! Tour buses and the whole shebang, they have usually chosen small towns that offer an excellent tax rate and are usually very welcoming to the numbers of visitors. The Cabelas in Michigan are on the ATF and Customs radars and they do regular licence plate checks there.

Cheers
    HOLY CRAP!!!! You mean they're going to open a store in Princeton????????
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Not to long ago you could buy Meindle Canada boots at Cabelas for $219 in Vancouver same boot $450.So get your size in Vancouver then order them from Cabelas i for one will not be ripped of like that.And the list goes on.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

***Selected Cabela's Product at S.I.R.*** -> Selected Cabelas Product Exclusive to S.I.R. in Canada

Select product subcategory
    Cabela's Archery
    Cabela's Base Layer
    Cabela's Bedding
    Cabela's Camowear
    Cabela's Cutlery
    Cabela's Dog Train
    Cabela's Food Prep.
    Cabela's Gifts
    Cabela's Ladies
    Cabela's Men's
    Cabela's Optics
    Cabela's Outdoor
    Cabela's Packs
    Cabela's Sleep Bags
    Cabela's Watches
    Cabelas Product

Cabela's Branded Merchandise
    Watch our site for more information.
    Very soon we will be adding a selection of exclusive Cabela's merchandise which has been selected by S.I.R. Buyers for S.I.R. and Cabela's
    You should check back during the first week of November or visit our Retail Store at 1300 Ellice Avenue in Winnipeg.
    Have a Great Day Outdoors!
    Cat. No. 100000
    Price: $ 100000.00

Quantity:

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_subc...699451f9602edd

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_prod...699451f9602edd