Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for Inspiration...

Re: Looking for Inspiration...

I'm turning 50 this year as well. Mostly hunt with the teens as I am teaching them the craft, but not afraid to go solo. Was Solo for a moose hunt last fall for 4 days up north while waiting the rest of the party to go bison hunting. Didn't end up shooting anything, but understand enough to take it slower if I had shot a moose. This was just 2 weeks after helping one of the teens with his successful LEH bull in the Caribou, so I understand the work involved and was mentally prepared for the work.

That said, if you have a significant other, you could maybe get them involved in the art as well and always have a partner to go with.

Lots of moose or caribou outfitters in northern BC or the Yukon to book a "solo" hunt with. Could also put in for the multiple raffles through out the year and possibly win a trip. I keep dreaming about this one! You being solo hunter in a guided trip you are not alone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    That's great! ....age is just a number!
    ...but unfortunately health can get in the way!
    Do it while you can - you're still a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    In a year, I'll turn 50. I think this is the first time a birthday "gets to me", butu I want to treat myself to a nice and memorable hunting trip. Looking for inspiration, likely, my "parameters" will evolve, but so far, I have....
    • I'll be going alone (unless it turns out to be family friendly, but don't want to limit myself by that right now)
    • Exact species is secondary to "the experience"
    • I am reasonably fit and not afraid of hiking/climbing mountains
    • Absolutely willing to go south of the border
    • While I am ok for it to be somewhat expensive, I don't want to spend 10s of thousands on it, either

The "alone" bit appears to be somewhat limiting. Would love to do a caribou hunt up north, but without a friend that seems dangerous(?).

Oh, and lets just assume, for the sake of argument, that Covid is over by the time I go

Thanks for any inspiration
    Don't let birthdays get to you, there's nothing wrong with having birthdays, it beats the alternative. "George Burns"

I did my bucket list hunt with an outfitter up north, 10 day moose hunt, horseback. since then i have done it twice more. for a total of 3 hunts, a bit pricey but you can't take it with you. 3 trips 3 nice bulls.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.