Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Inspiration...

Re: Looking for Inspiration...

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Hog hunting with AKs out of a helicopter. Also work in night hog hunt.

Just about hits on everything that we can't, or need, to do up here.

Time it right and incorporate a nice w/t hunt.
    now your talkin

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Hog hunting with AKs out of a helicopter. Also work in night hog hunt.

Just about hits on everything that we can't, or need, to do up here.

Time it right and incorporate a nice w/t hunt.
    A guy I know has some pretty cool night vision videos from hunting hogs(I think he was in Texas), not from a helicopter though
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I think its great you are doing a trip for your 50th! I didnt do anything special for mine. I like the alone thing! Dont consider a solo hunt dangerous. You must be cautious but I have never considered solo to be dangerous. But, for a 50th a good partner may be more what you want? I enjoy solo trips more than most but I will always take a good partner given choice. Your caribou hunt sounds like a hoot! A fly in would be special. After watching that plane fly away its always nice for your next glance to be at a partner you trust your life with! Have fun!

Deer hunting on the Charlottes is fun. Been twice, nice country, lots of deer. Maybe try for a GOS elk while there.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Oh, hadn't considered that.... I like that idea as well. Thanks for that. Will look into it... How long did you go for on your trips to consider it "worth it"?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Deer hunting on the Charlottes is fun. Been twice, nice country, lots of deer. Maybe try for a GOS elk while there.

Well, true. If given the choice I would prefer to do this with a partner, but.. I don't have anyone in my circle of friends that I can see tag along, do what I would want to do and enjoy the experience... It is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I think its great you are doing a trip for your 50th! I didnt do anything special for mine. I like the alone thing! Dont consider a solo hunt dangerous. You must be cautious but I have never considered solo to be dangerous. But, for a 50th a good partner may be more what you want? I enjoy solo trips more than most but I will always take a good partner given choice. Your caribou hunt sounds like a hoot! A fly in would be special. After watching that plane fly away its always nice for your next glance to be at a partner you trust your life with! Have fun!

In the same boat just turned 50 going to do the fly in for caribou one more time. I highly recommend it one of the most rewarding hunts in BC in my experience. Bring a sat phone for emergencies and don't do anything stupid.

Dream hunt. Sheep and Caribou in Yukon, Alaska or NWT......some even use choppers if your limited by ability or health. Witha guide outfit your not by yourself.

BC Guide Outfitters don't seem to offer much of a deal at all for BC residents.

Tetsa, AA Packers, Steamboat are Packers that work some beautiful country. But you would be alone hunting then.

Good luck on your Quest.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I am willing to share some ideas,

High Country Wyoming or Colorado Mule Deer Hunt,
    Caribou hunting and Arctic Char fly fishing near the arctic ocean,
    Deer and pig hunting in New Zealand,
    Sea Trout fly fishing in Scandinavia
    and any hunt that I can get away from the noise of society till I only hear nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Oh, hadn't considered that.... I like that idea as well. Thanks for that. Will look into it... How long did you go for on your trips to consider it "worth it"?
    Our last trip my son and I tagged out on day 5 of 8 (5 deer), but we could have stretched it out if we were more picky about bigger deer. We also go out for breakfast when hunting so don't start hunting till around 10:30. Would of gone this year too if not for Covid.

We hung out with another father and son each night at the pub and they tagged out (10 deer) after about 4 days.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 12-31-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.