Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scope for Ruger 10/22

Re: Scope for Ruger 10/22

For short range shooting, watch the parallax setting. Rimfire scopes will be 50 yards or so, regular scopes 100 yards plus..

Your Leup fixed powers exactly what I’m going to put on my 10/22 lol

First thing I’d do to accursed/upgrade my 10/22 is change the trigger, Kidd trigger adjustable from 1.5 to 5lbs I believe.

Then maybe the barrel, an ultralight KiDd

Volquartsens also supposed to be top quality.

Hard to spend $350 on a trigger and $450 on a barrel to swap parts on a $250 gun lol

firebird, I went down the rabbit hole on my 10-22. Beautiful wood on the Sporter I bought, but it shot very poorly, didn't reliably repeat and the trigger was horrible. My $500 gun became a $1000 gun with the addition of a Shilen sporter weight barrel and Timney trigger. It reliably functions and shoots great now...but dang it should....and should have out of the Ruger factory. It will be my last and only Ruger. Don't get me started on the last Remington 700 I bought as it was the same story as the Ruger.

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Just for something to do a while back I mounted a varmint scope on a 10/22, 6-24X44, it sure does look funny being almost half the size of the rifle.
    I used it for plinking water filled pop cans out to 400M, it boiled down to fun and trigger practice.
    Purchased a Redfield Revolution 2-7 for it, but still playing with the 6-24

You should accept a 10/22 as what they are , a reliable fun plinking 22. They should be good for grousing, too. There are simple low cost mods. For shooting paper, I have a CZ.

Downwindtracker 2. Could you post up the simple low cost upgrades you think we be an option ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    You should accept a 10/22 as what they are , a reliable fun plinking 22. They should be good for grousing, too. There are simple low cost mods. For shooting paper, I have a CZ.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

You're asking an old phart something he did 15 years ago ! But I think one was just a bufferspring. I printed off du tang binder of hints that must be 1/2" thick.

LOL ! What age is one considered an old fart ! Ha Ha ! I remember working with a few fellas that were in their 50’s about 30 years ago now they seemed old .
    Back on topic I think there is a 10/22 Forum on the net I will check it out Thanks Downwindtracker2
    Arctic Lake
    You're asking an old phart something he did 15 years ago ! But I think one was just a bufferspring. I printed off du tang binder of hints that must be 1/2" thick.

Since I didn't do gun shoes last year,I don't know if he is still around, but a dealer, Freisen from Chilliwack, I think, will order parts from Brownells using his import license.

Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Since I didn't do gun shoes last year,I don't know if he is still around, but a dealer, Freisen from Chilliwack, I think, will order parts from Brownells using his import license.