Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moose Dilemma!

Re: Moose Dilemma!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Imo, this bull doesn’t have the clear brow tine separation needed to be legal. I’m surprised at the ones who say they’d shoot it. Good luck facing a CO; again that’s my opinion.
    I share this view.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    You can't call that a tripalm until you put a tape on it. That is way to close to call. That third point could fall on either side. If your comfortable taking him you have more balls than I do haha.

Tripalm Bull - means a bull moose
    having at least one antler with a brow palm
    bearing three or more points (tines). The brow
    palm is separated from the main palm by the
    deepest antler bay. The deepest bay is the bay
    whose vertex (deepest location) is the shortest
    distance from the antler base, when measured
    along the surface of the antler
    My thoughts exactly. The idea of walking up on a moose on the ground with a tape measure in hand wasn’t real appealing.

Tri palm was always nonsense. It does look legal if you can get the right frame. But in the real world, you'd have to pass him up.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Not a chance!!!
    MM

No dilemma there, not definitive from that video so no shot. We have found several moose that were shot and left likely due to shoot now confirm later philosophy.

That bull is legal as long as you don't go through a roadblock on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Imo, this bull doesn’t have the clear brow tine separation needed to be legal. I’m surprised at the ones who say they’d shoot it. Good luck facing a CO; again that’s my opinion.
    Yep, agreed and that's why I said Nope not this one...

​Look for him next year . . . . he's not legal this year.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

This Thread is probably part of the 10 best Treads ever on Hunting BC thank you !

Measly 28 reply's in 3 Days tell the real Story, which is most Hunters here would not have been sure one way or another.

What that really means is this regulation Stinks and is entirely the fault of the F&W Managers letting it stand.

Have they ever done a study of how many Moose get shot and left to rot because of poorly thought out regulations.
    Funny, Fish get tagged with invisible radio Transmitters why not do this with Moose in heavily hunted areas. Once the transmitter tells the Computer the Animal is dead, send someone out immediately to location to see if the Hunter made a legal kill or not or worse left the Moose to rot.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    This Thread is probably part of the 10 best Treads ever on Hunting BC thank you !

Measly 28 reply's in 3 Days tell the real Story, which is most Hunters here would not have been sure one way or another.

What that really means is this regulation Stinks and is entirely the fault of the F&W Managers letting it stand.

Have they ever done a study of how many Moose get shot and left to rot because of poorly thought out regulations.
    Funny, Fish get tagged with invisible radio Transmitters why not do this with Moose in heavily hunted areas. Once the transmitter tells the Computer the Animal is dead, send someone out immediately to location to see if the Hunter made a legal kill or not or worse left the Moose to rot.

Cheers
    Downtown, actually the vast majority stated they would not shoot it as it was too close to call. I'd let him walk also. Not worth it to lose the ability to hunt for a period as well as the public embarrassment, etc. If it's too close to call, let it walk and keep on hunting.

I don't believe the regulation stinks. It is what it is so you must be sure that one of the 3 criteria are met. Again if you can't be sure then don't shoot. I don't blame the regulations for animals being shot illegally. I blame the hunter that mistakenly shoots an illegal animal. No animals will be left to rot if you and I have properly identified it before pulling the trigger. There are no excuses.

I believe that most hunters being charged with such an offence are reported by other hunters in the area. The public is a huge help to the CO's in this regard, thankfully.