Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Got the itch

Re: Got the itch

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    What are your expectations from your rain gear? Do you expect to be hiking in it or just something to keep you dry around camp?
    I would like to be able to hike in my rain gear and not feel restricted while moving around.

Alright another update I have started to walk with 20lbs in my pack when out exercising and have lost some lbs and my cardio is getting better by the week.

Now time for another question. I have a lever action 308 and a bolt action 270 both rifles shoot well and the weight difference is very close my question is for mountain hunting is a bolt better than a lever or I am over thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    Alright another update I have started to walk with 20lbs in my pack when out exercising and have lost some lbs and my cardio is getting better by the week.

Now time for another question. I have a lever action 308 and a bolt action 270 both rifles shoot well and the weight difference is very close my question is for mountain hunting is a bolt better than a lever or I am over thinking.
    How far are you shooting? I’ve never really thought about buying a lever gun for any kind of precision distance work. Get comfortable out to at least 300 yards and I’m betting your bolt gun is going to be at your side, but whatever works best I guess.

I haven’t been following this thread for the last few pages, but I have a little routine I do after work that takes 20-30 minutes. I loaded my bag with as much water would fit in it(over 90lbs) and I do 10 squats, 10 step ups on a stair with my right leg, 10 calf raises and then 10 step ups on a stair with my left leg. Do this routine 3 times after work and you’ll likely have a good sweat on. You can step up on a stair, but I built a small wooden platform like the old step aerobic steps that’s a bit higher than a stair.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.