Thread: Where are the Pitt Marsh geese?

Where are the Pitt Marsh geese?

I have to admit that I hadn't been out to the Pitt marsh for a number of years, but I seem to recall that when I did go there, there were flights of geese flying south from up closer to the lake and often along the side of the mountain. If you were positioned right, you could get under them and get a shot.

I have a little used duck put and brought it out there this weekend and never saw a goose.

I noticed that almost all the fields there now are blueberries or cranberries. There is hardly a

Hayfield, cornfield, potato or other crop to be seen. Or have I got it all wrong.

Maybe they just don't like it there this time of year?

Maybe what I previously observed was a spring thing?

Or do they just prefer it there in the early part of autumn, but not now at the end of December?

I saw 5 guys walking back along the dike to the vehicles around 9:30 with nothing.

A couple other guys near me had a blind set up with decoys and Robos but weren't getting much action at all.

There was some shooting going on in the middle of the polder and the odd duck or ducks flying by mostly very high, but somebody was getting some shooting.
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-27-2020 at 04:09 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where are the Pitt Marsh geese?

You forgot to mention the sky busters, the shooting before and after legal light, shooting from the dykes that are closed to shooting, shooting ducks with no way to retrieve, ducks left behind to rot, unplugged guns, the empty hulls and wads and garbage and I know there’s more. Duck Dynasty is what killed it, if that show had never aired the marsh would be what it use to be. Oh yes about the geese, if and when they are there they are well out of range.

Re: Where are the Pitt Marsh geese?

Quote Originally Posted by Modeltwelve View Post
    You forgot to mention the sky busters, the shooting before and after legal light, shooting from the dykes that are closed to shooting, shooting ducks with no way to retrieve, ducks left behind to rot, unplugged guns, the empty hulls and wads and garbage and I know there’s more. Duck Dynasty is what killed it, if that show had never aired the marsh would be what it use to be. Oh yes about the geese, if and when they are there they are well out of range.
    you think a tv show is responsible for all of that? lol please tell me how.

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.