Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Double standards continue!!!

Re: Double standards continue!!!

This whole equity topic is something that has been well thought out by the political class. The Liberals and others are looking to pander to the low hanging fruit, or better said, the low achievers in society. They can gain a lot of traction at the ballot box from all those who blame everything and everyone but themselves for the poor choices they make in life. In order for this country to be competitive in this world we need to promote the best and encourage all others to be the best they can be. The entitled class don't see it that way. If all these people want equity, then lets get back to a meritocracy and let the cream rise to the top.

Biggest problem is the government wont manage the reasourses in this province properly. The fighting really boils down to a lack of game in certain areas. BC is a huge province with so much potential for the game everyone chases to thrive. Yet we let the grizzly bears , the wolfes , cougars etc chew it all up.
    As well as farmers in the peace region and probably other regions brainwashing the government into thinking we need mule deer doe seasons . Open season for cow elk. on and on a guy could rant. If native and non native s could just work together for one common goal this province could rebound like no other. The Taltan are on the right path to reopening up the grizzly bear hunt. All the power to them. Hopefully other bands will see the light and jump on board. Right now we are all doing what the government wants. Fighting amongst each other and drifting a wedge between the different cultures like never before. Its easy to be racist on this site . Its also easy to see why there is so much push back from native bands throughout the province. I come from Haida Gwaii and have bin travelling highway 16 hunting for 25 years. It was normal even 15 years ago to see 20 to 30 moose along the highway from prince rupert to fort st john . Then 100 mule deer on the drive through Hudsons Hope.
    Not to mention all the deer around Smithers to Prince George. The habitat looks the same . Farmers fields. Skeena River. Grassy roadsides . But where is all the wildlife?? If you were born and raised in a place where you could always go out for a drive and get your moose for you and your family and now you cant because there just not there . Pretty sure you would be going out of your way to make a fuss. Not really taking one side or the other but when resourses get thin theres always gonna be fight. Maybe its the Rich Yanks and forieners that can **** right off and leave BC alone for the residents and Aboriginals . Or chop the quotas in half and the outfitters can double the price of the hunt. If a guy will pay 50k for a sheep he will pay 100k. Yea outfitters kill wolves. But they also kill a shit ton of game..Lots of it gets fed to dogs or left on the sidehill.

Bottom line . Too many people trying to access not enough wildlife. Theres gonna be a fight until we all smarten up and work together to achieve the common goal . There is room for all with some people that have the brains to make it happen . And that sure as shit aint the NDP.
    My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    This whole equity topic is something that has been well thought out by the political class. The Liberals and others are looking to pander to the low hanging fruit, or better said, the low achievers in society. They can gain a lot of traction at the ballot box from all those who blame everything and everyone but themselves for the poor choices they make in life. In order for this country to be competitive in this world we need to promote the best and encourage all others to be the best they can be. The entitled class don't see it that way. If all these people want equity, then lets get back to a meritocracy and let the cream rise to the top.
    The problem is that free markets are racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Where were all the white hunters when the "pendulum " of equality was tilted our way for four hundred years?

Do not get me wrong, i agree we should all be equal under the law but the reality is you can not shit on people for four hundred years and not expect to pay a price.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    Do not get me wrong, i agree we should all be equal under the law but the reality is you can not shit on people for four hundred years and not expect to pay a price.
    So this bags the obvious question. If not for colonization would the people mentioned above have all the modern conveniences and technology they presently have. Because I can tell you based on how the world works, if they didn't evolve like other nations, they would have been invaded or overtaken by a stronger nation. It's just the way the world works. Just look at what's happening in Hong Kong or better yet any of the small minoritys in China. Lots of real atrocity's and human rights issues there. The only reason we are paying "the price" now is because we have a weak Liberal Government in power.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    I believe this to be very true^^^^^
    We are turning our backs on Capitalism and marching toward Communism, the cream won't rise to the top under those conditions, but yes.
    Anyone who has ever had the bosses stupid kid as a boss understands this.

For those who don't like to read, just go to chapter 12, we are there now.
    https://www.indigenousguardianstoolkit.ca/

Tacit admission that war is being waged upon us. We need to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Where were all the white hunters when the "pendulum " of equality was tilted our way for four hundred years?
    Guess same place as , where were all the F150 's and high powered rifles 400 years ago ? talk about a "pendulum" of equality swing .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......