Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need some advise please

Re: I need some advise please

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topic.../best-headlamp

I will probably buy a Petzl Tikkana. Cheap $24 and for another $35, can add a rechargeable battery as the Tikkina is a dual power supply.

I have BD storm for the house, a cheap Energizer for the truck, a Streamight for the camper and a Princeton Tec Fuel for hunting

The storm is rock solid and my favorite, but is clunky and big for the pack, the Energizer has helped a couple times and works well for when I need it, the Streamlight is an oldy but goody and still fits the job, The FUEL is a great little light, but the battery hatch broke in the first year, so elastic bands and a little tape holds thing together. Want to replace it with the Tikkina

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I have the Fenix hm65r. Not sure if it’s the best but I think it’s unreal. I have two petzl myo xp headlamps and they don’t compare to the Fenix.

I just bought 2 Nebo's for $28.00 each plus tax Canadian ! RJ

https://www.nebotools.com/p/MYCRO-Headlamp/780

Petzl for me

I have had every headlamp out there. For remote hunts rechargeable is no good. My favorite are the ones that take 1 AA battery. Light weight and I use the lithium AA batteries cause the last longer and weigh less.

I've had 4 of these https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ABD1ZC2/..._FfG5FbZG4M72T
    Because I've lost 3. They have a nice focused beam for longer distances.

Not cheap but Gemini makes some cool products with good reviews. https://gemini-lights.com/products/duo-2200-multisport

Whatever you choose, carrying 2 is a good idea!

Has no one out there ever tried an LED LENSER headlamp? I have owned 2. takes 3 or 4 triple A batteries and you can focus the beam to a pencil or flood as well as turn up or down the brightness. IF you want to see what is out ahead 200 yards, no problem, or if you need to work right in front of you, adjust accordingly. I will say this, they eat batteries, but they sure brighten up your night. I got my first one from a norweigen hunter, but I am sure that I saw them in Nechacko sports in Vanderhoof a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Petzl for me
    I have one of those to and there good too ! RJ

I used to use a ball cap with the built in led lights on the cap part. I was happy with it. You most likely wear a hat anyway plus you have a built in light.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.