Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some advise please

I need some advise please

Good morning all . I found out the hard way my head lamp has stopped working . Just asking what is being used by the HBC members .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I need some advise please

Petzl Actik or Black Diamond seem to work fine for me.....

Check out Fenix. They have some great lightweight options. I have been using the HM50R and love it! That being said I came from an old clunky Petal that I had for 10 years and still works great just not as bright as today's units.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Fenix is the best headlamp I’ve owned. It’s aluminum housing not plastic. I’ve had the same one for 7 years.

Fenix for sure. Crazy bright, I find mine gets great battery life, and super solid.

I've owned a bunch of fancy headlamps but for the past several years I've used nothing but Costco cheapos. They all have the same brightness and battery life, I don't see the reason to spend a bunch of dough. I think the last set I bought from Costco were about $29 for three, including batteries. One in the truck, one in my day pack and one in my big pack. When I'm not using them I turn one battery around so they can't be accidentally turned on to drain the batteries.

The only exception is I bought one rechargeable headlamp off Amazon that I leave in my truck. My biggest complaint with headlamps is a 50% battery-- too new to change but too old to last while a big animal is processed. My rechargeable one is almost always at 100%.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I've been using Fenix hl50 for two years now and they discontinued it but it's awesome takes one double A battery and now using ultimate lithium and It Last Forever I keep looking for more but the ones that are available the price is way too high but if you can find one for about $70 that's a good price

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I've owned a bunch of fancy headlamps but for the past several years I've used nothing but Costco cheapos. They all have the same brightness and battery life, I don't see the reason to spend a bunch of dough. I think the last set I bought from Costco were about $29 for three, including batteries. One in the truck, one in my day pack and one in my big pack. When I'm not using them I turn one battery around so they can't be accidentally turned on to drain the batteries.

The only exception is I bought one rechargeable headlamp off Amazon that I leave in my truck. My biggest complaint with headlamps is a 50% battery-- too new to change but too old to last while a big animal is processed. My rechargeable one is almost always at 100%.
    I always carry two in my pack....

Princes Auto, cheap runs forever all the light I need.

Another vote for Fenix. i bought mine from "Fenix Frank"

been using for many years now with rechargeable batteries. 10/10 would buy again, but haven't needed to as its lasted 2x longer then any petzl i have owned.
    Eat your dessert first.