Thread: Hunting buddy

Hunting buddy

Hi all, my name is Dany, 34, I am a BC resident, originally from Germany and I have hunted for more than 12 years. I prefer hunting anywhere up to 10h driving reach from Port Moody, although I'd also consider to go farther, for example should I draw the right LEH Tag one day. I am hugh turkey hunting fan, and excited for spring bear season, will try both archery and rifle, elk, whitetail from a treestand, muley and more in 2021. So far I've only hunted solo but it would be way more fun with a hunting buddy, and I think a hunting team has more possibilities when it comes to packing out, hunting strategies, calling game etc. (I take the topic very serious ) I have all the equipment including offroad car and figured out my favourite hunting spots, not looking for anybody's locations. Somebody out there who would like to join trying to be successful in next year's archery seasons? And Texada Island is still ongoing. Would be glad to hear from you. Regards, Dany

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting buddy

Hi, Dany:
    Would like to join your hunting trip, I live in Richmond.

How long have you been in Canada ? Did you hunt in Germany ? If you did tell us about hunting in Germany would be interesting to know !
    Arctic Lake

A
    Quote Originally Posted by dany View Post
    Hi all, my name is Dany, 34, I am a BC resident, originally from Germany and I have hunted for more than 12 years. I prefer hunting anywhere up to 10h driving reach from Port Moody, although I'd also consider to go farther, for example should I draw the right LEH Tag one day. I am hugh turkey hunting fan, and excited for spring bear season, will try both archery and rifle, elk, whitetail from a treestand, muley and more in 2021. So far I've only hunted solo but it would be way more fun with a hunting buddy, and I think a hunting team has more possibilities when it comes to packing out, hunting strategies, calling game etc. (I take the topic very serious ) I have all the equipment including offroad car and figured out my favourite hunting spots, not looking for anybody's locations. Somebody out there who would like to join trying to be successful in next year's archery seasons? And Texada Island is still ongoing. Would be glad to hear from you. Regards, Dany
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Danny, I'm big into archery and if you're going to Texada I'd be interested, live in Squamish and have everything I need.

Thanks for the replies, cool that you're in. I'm in Canada for the the second year, but this was my first BC big game season. I started hunting in Germany in 2007. Hunting there is totally different, but neither better nor worse. You can hunt Eurasian wild boars, wonderful game animals and a relict from the ice age, different to the feral hogs of North America. We have roe deer, they behave a bit like whitetails but are much smaller, red deer and fallow deer and a lot of small game species, such as Canada geese (in Germany, too), Eurasian doves, pheasant, etc. There is no public land, only territories. I mainly hunted from tree stands and in the main fall season with my Austrian Black and Tan hound (which I brought to Canada) on government driven hunts. My spouse and I love it here in BC and hunting is incredible, tougher than I thought I must admit. I had some good successes yet. But with bow and arrow, it often was close but in the end it did not work out, had some 2pt Muleys in shooting distance when only 4pts where allowed, and always the WT that wasn't open at the moment).

Whats up Danny thanks for reaching out! I live in Maple Ridge and am also into bowhunting. Moved to BC from Ontario about a year and a half ago! Was unsuccessful in my pursuit of a muley this season but have been doing well with the waterfowl! I also hope to pursue a possible spring bear hunt. Let me know if you ever want to get together and shoot some arrows. I've got a few targets and am also a member at the PoCo Range they have a sweet archery course through the forest. Would be good to meet up and do some shooting and chat in the new year if your up for it! Have made a good hunting pal already through HBC, lots of good guys on here. Merry Christmas bud

In maple ridge and always looking for people to hunt with. Love spring bear. Qould like to get out in my treestand but never anyone to head out with. Lots of targets to shoot at my place. Send a pm if you'd like