Thread: Anyone use the Copper spur HV UL1?

Anyone use the Copper spur HV UL1?

Anyone out there use this tent or the 2 or 3 person models?

lots of summer hiker reviews out there... but those don’t really relate to hunting

im looking for any real world input i can, as I’m thinking about buying the UL1 this off season. It’s uses would mostly be early-mid August goat/sheep hunts and backpacking September elk. After these seasons it will likely be put to rest for the year. At 2.5 # this tent is very appealing to me, but concerned it may buckle on me on the alpine. Obviously choosing a smart camp site can eliminate high winds.

i was looking at the hilleberg atko, but it might be a bit to much tent for warm elk hunts. I also have the hilleberg Nallo in my sights for a extreme weather back country tent , but non of my planned 2021 hunts will require that much tent, so I’m looking for the lightest weight possible for my upcoming hunts this season.

any input to the quality and build on these tents would be appreciated...

thanks

RS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone use the Copper spur HV UL1?

I don't think you can go wrong with an Akto for all year around... I picked one up at the start of this season and used it for Coastal Goats in Feb, mid spring bear, early Season bighorns in Sept, and November mule deer. At about 3.5lbs, you're only sacrificing an extra 1lb in the pack for a much better tent IMO. August sheep hunts from what I've seen, can leave you pretty exposed and that isnt the kind of place you want to sacrifice the weight.

If it gets to hot, can keep the inner tent door open and just ensure you've got your vents open.

I picked mine up used off Rokslide for $400USD, there's usually some good deals to be had on there. It was in perfect condition.

Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

You might look at the Hille NIAK, I love mine.

I have the Niak as well, palace for one guy.

Is 3.5# real time weight? If so I agree the extra pound is worth it. I just wasn’t sure about the “4 season” tent in early September. I will take a look again at the atko.. AND i will check the Niak, thanks for the reply’s.

Is it hard to get these tents in Canada? I noticed the website always says out of stock. I guess used on rokslide seems to be the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Is 3.5# real time weight? If so I agree the extra pound is worth it. I just wasn’t sure about the “4 season” tent in early September. I will take a look again at the atko.. AND i will check the Niak, thanks for the reply’s.

Is it hard to get these tents in Canada? I noticed the website always says out of stock. I guess used on rokslide seems to be the trend.
    I think mine weighs 3.6lbs on the scale if I remember correct, I'll double check tonight.

I don't know about ordering from the website, but Rokslide definitely is a trend from people I've talked to that have a Hille up here.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Thanks man!!

i like the idea of the atko. I’m going to get back into the rabbit hole of research.

I have bought four Hilles from Bear River Outfitters in Utah, 435-764-1111, "Charlie", plus Valandre and WM bags, an ID tent and other gear. I cannot recommend him too highly and he uses the gear he sells.