Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crayfish with Kids in LML?

Re: Crayfish with Kids in LML?

Thanks everyone for the feedback: Re Jones lake - I'll check it out... last time I went there (May) it was a total party spot with garbage littered everywhere... Maybe the off season is quieter...

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

South Alouette River has them, we used to Catch them as kids one at a time by hand, our Dutch neighbours would cook a small pot of them up for us kids....it was more fun catching them though !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Are you bothered by the spots being crowded with people, or by the spots being crowded by Asian looking people?

lol making a simple observation isn’t racism so don’t even imply it you simp.
    Burnaby... makes perfect sense.

I'm Asian .. I wish we would all just get along. But cultural conflict is a reality from just language. I happen to feel as Canadian as many white folks so I can feel both sides. But we are all hunters and fishers and we had better get along because it is a reality.

If you want to keep the kids active while your trap is soaking when we were young we would sight fish for them. A small bare hook with a chunk of bacon and quite often if you jig it in front of them they will latch on tight. We would have a minnow hand net that we'd scoop them up with as they were being pulled to the surface before they could let go and dart back down.

Actually that sounds like fun for me as well

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    If you want to keep the kids active while your trap is soaking when we were young we would sight fish for them. A small bare hook with a chunk of bacon and quite often if you jig it in front of them they will latch on tight. We would have a minnow hand net that we'd scoop them up with as they were being pulled to the surface before they could let go and dart back down.

it is surprising how they will hold on all the way to the surface...ive pulled them up from around 20 feet or more while bottom fishing for walleye back east...

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Actually that sounds like fun for me as well
    Due to the length of fishing rods I should add we only used the lower section so you could reach the crayfish easily enough with the short handled minnow net.

Walking with waders in the lower Vedder with a lacross stick works great the net and scoop of the stick is just about perfect just need low water . Tried in the upper river with traps but no luck

upper reaches of Salmon River and Nicomekl River where there are sand and gravel bottoms
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."