Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throw back to my Spring Bear 2020'

Re: Throw back to my Spring Bear 2020'

Nice Bear, Congrats, now if i could only my wife out there.

Yes, you being in complete control of your table fare is so true. great story!

Well done on the bear, he's a beauty...I agree it's nice to butcher the game yourself, worth the effort...

The old dead bear growl, had it happen a few times but wont ever get used to it haha. I too love the effort of field to table game, just finished grinding up the last of the venison for the year.

Thanks for all the positive comments fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Well done on the bear, he's a beauty...I agree it's nice to butcher the game yourself, worth the effort...
    Definitely, although I have found the last two bears more difficult than deer. Not sure if it's just me but I find them harder to debone? Maybe I just need more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Nice bear. Good job!

I also cancelled a backpack trip due to snow in October, but in my case I was already up on the mountain. Last trip to the high country for mule deer after I got back from my goat hunt.

Climbed up. Found crappy conditions, my boots leaked, pack of fresh sign and bad weather moving in. Pulled the plug same (long) day!
    That sucks!! We didn't even make it to the trail head. Weeks leading up to the trip the weather looked rough, cold and wet but we could manage. However, on the drive up the forecast made a turn for the worse. We decided to pull out and hunt plan B. Glad we did as the area we were headed got pounded by snow and well below freezing temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    The old dead bear growl, had it happen a few times but wont ever get used to it haha. I too love the effort of field to table game, just finished grinding up the last of the venison for the year.
    Oh I wish I got it on tape. She was right freaked out. I thought she was going to go back to the truck and leave me there alone to deal with it! Haha
    WSSBC
    CCFR