Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed...

Re: Very disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by islandarcher View Post
    I bought Desmond his first bow at 3. he shoots sporadically. I don't force it. He likes stump shooting more than flinging at targets, but then, so do I. He has outgrown that bow though and may be handing it down to his 3 year old sister in the spring. I will have to track him down a new one. Did you get the checkmate through Boorman or contact Marc?
    Directly from Marc... his just finished building a few so contact him promptly as they sell REALLY fast so you would otherwise have to wait a few months. Cheers
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

It sounds like the worry of what other people think (perhaps even more so anout her) is the main concern. I am not sure what a "year or two" would do to change that. Perhaps he articulates himself on the subject of hunting. I'm not sure.

If worrying about what other people think (and perhaps in turn what others think of her) is the root of the concern, that should be the focus of discussion to see if perhaps it can be alleviated.

She might be concerned for example one day at school he blurts out "I killed an animal. There was so much blood! Then I touched it's eyeball. It felt cool! I like hunting and killing", then kids go tell their parents, teachers, tell teachers, word spreads, social media warriors email her work place, etc (far fetched scenario, but example of her possible fears) If there is anything that can mitigate such potential, perhaps that would aleviate her fears.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-25-2020 at 04:00 PM.

My grandkid is 11. I would not trust him with a slingshot. Nor a bow and arrow, and especially not a firearm. He is as dumb as they come. When she says not developed or mature enough, She would know the kid better than you. You want a kid, come get him. We want them to move out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    My grandkid is 11. I would not trust him with a slingshot. Nor a bow and arrow, and especially not a firearm. He is as dumb as they come. When she says not developed or mature enough, She would know the kid better than you. You want a kid, come get him. We want them to move out.....

do you live with your grandkids? on a full time basis?

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post

do you live with your grandkids? on a full time basis?
    Yes, They live with us. She is also on welfare. I told her about 4 years ago when she was 30 that you would be well advised to get your shit together cause the day I retire, I will not care about your living situation. I will care about mine and that of your mom. And that day is in less than 4 months. I have not yet told her I will be retiring. My wife knows and I asked her not to tell her. I suggested we both tell her at the same time. She will get a 60 day move out order as we will sell our house. I have told my wife, I want her gone 30 days before we call a realtor so we can run around and do what we have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post

She might be concerned for example one day at school he blurts out "I killed an animal. There was so much blood! Then I touched it's eyeball. It felt cool! I like hunting and killing", then kids go tell their parents, teachers, tell teachers, word spreads, social media warriors email her work place, etc (far fetched scenario, but example of her possible fears)...

Yep that is about it right there. Thing is he is a really smart and verbal kid and I think simply explaining this concern to him would be sufficient. We were are the Sidney Marine Experience Centre (or what ever its called) and he called me over to ask about a model depicting whale hunting and wanted to know why people killed whales, so I told him matter of factly and his response was perfectly calm and inquisitive. "oh so for whale meat and oil?" "How does a harpoon work and didn't the ships sink?".

Mummy is too sensitive about people judging him/me/her? Who knowsa... it isn't up for discussion anymore. I have said my piece and told her it is obviously her call and its okay with me... she did get a piece of coal in her stocking though! LOL

https://i.imgur.com/mFhrdYx.jpg

I'm guessing it didn't go over well.

I would tell her not to worry about the hunting/harvesting aspect too much - by the time he’s old enough to get out, between the bureaucracy, First Nations and wolves, there won’t be anything left to shoot at anyway.

Just show him the bow every time he comes over and tell him one day when your mom says it’s OK I will let you shoot it Won’t take long and he will be hammering the dear target in your garden.. Spring is around the corner bring him along to the next 3D Shoot and his parents, sure you bought his dad a bow aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Just show him the bow every time he comes over and tell him one day when your mom says it’s OK I will let you shoot it Won’t take long and he will be hammering the dear target in your garden.. Spring is around the corner bring him along to the next 3D Shoot and his parents, sure you bought his dad a bow aswell

I did indeed get his dad a complete outfit... think he might have shot it twice. He works his ass off and with two kids I know its hard to make the time but yes perhaps a 3D this year would work... good idea.