Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed...

Re: Very disappointed...

Beautiful bow.

Be patient. Im sure it wont be long before young William is shooting his bow alondside his grand dad.

Wonderful gift!!!!

Awesome gift!
    I’m sure he will be shooting with Grandpa in no time.
    They are out there,they look like us,they talk like us, but they ain’t us.

I grew uo with hunting and with farming. When our family dog died when i was 4 i wondered why werent going to eat him. I knew where food came from and i knew what death meant in that regards (probably best my grandparents were all alive till i was a teenager).

Who is the parent here? You do what you want. If she doesnt like it to bad. My youngest one was hunting moles with his bow in the front yard at 4. I would post a pic of it if it wasnt so effing difficult.
    Last edited by dino; 12-18-2020 at 08:23 PM.
    Hunting the promised land

Hey T/B, where do you stand when your son is at river's edge, upstream or down stream of him?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Don't buy a small bow for William. Buy one for YOU. For your home. And if it happens to be laying out and visible when William comes over, then perhaps he shows an interest in target shooting. No 3D animals if it bothers your daughter. I would use a cube, or better yet, I used a hot tub lid. And put balloons on it for the fun. As you know, our boys started young. Like training a dog, in our youth, is the best time to create good habits. Shooting habits that is.

Stay with it. Ultimately youth is short, and we get to make our own decisions.
    ^^^^^^I agree 100%. We all know your intentions are genuine cause you love your grandson and want to pass on your life skills. Leave the bow itself out in plain sight and I’m sure your grandson will gravitate toward it when visiting. Good luck and enjoy just being a grandpa.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Beauty of a little box. Tell your daughter it's for fishing.No - just tell her it's for paper hole-punching. By the time the kid is ready to hunt in the fall, he'll have a good respect for the bow.

Just like the kids that get trained in the Martial Arts - they don't go bragging and kicking the crap out of the other kids - they respect the power of the knowledge and know how and when to use that power of their knowledge.

Heck, you've been around for a long time - think of something creative.

Hey - take the sting off and tape the bow to a goalie stick - then wrap it up for the Christmas tree. As you bring the gift into the house, ask your pick up the wrapped goalie stick - show it to your daughter an ask her if this will be okay. Of course something obviously wrapped like a goalie stick will be okay. After all, World Juniors will be on.

Smart Daughter.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I bought Desmond his first bow at 3. he shoots sporadically. I don't force it. He likes stump shooting more than flinging at targets, but then, so do I. He has outgrown that bow though and may be handing it down to his 3 year old sister in the spring. I will have to track him down a new one. Did you get the checkmate through Boorman or contact Marc?

My boys bought themselves bows from Canadian tire with bottle money and Canadian tire money they saved up. They were 5&7 at the time. Nothing as nice as the beauty you’ve got there mind you. But they both absolutely love shooting bows still. They pack them on our hunts and shoot pine cones and mushrooms etc. Santa may be bringing them Diamond archery Prisms for the big day tomorrow. I hope they stay so engaged with archery as it has really helped their focus and they can pick the bows up and shoot in the yard whenever they feel like it. We don’t have to make a big trip out of it like going to the gun range.

I think if that bow happens to be laying around when your grandson is over then things will just occur naturally
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"