Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed...

Re: Very disappointed...

Sorry to hear that . My five year old takes every opportunity to tell his class over video chat about Dad shooting bucks in the end of the nose. Now I think it’s awesome however some wouldn’t think so . Everyone is entitled to there opinions and it my opinion that there opinions don’t matter. Maybe go at it on the angle of showing the kid where there food comes from . It definitely gives perspective.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

My kids wer 4 or 5 grandkids the same.

My girls are 11 and 8. The oldest has shot the past 3 years and the youngest just shot the past 2 summers. Both enjoy tinkering away at it but aren't die hard by any means, but they enjoy flinging arrows at the very least.

I dont treat it as anything related to hunting. Its archery plain and simple for them and we dont even talk about hunting when we shoot. Just an enjoyable sport that requires some mental concentration and physical practice.

It is what it is. You have to trust your daughter on that.
    It is true that kids develop at different rate.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    He is 4...think your probably rushing things.lol
    Lol na.....I started taking my son hunting at 4 yrs old.. he got to witness his first kill, a grouse at 5.. I haven't had him witness any big game harvested yet at 8 years old now but I don't want to rush him into that yet...he knows where his meat comes from, he knows that if you eat meat something has to die..he knows that it's not ok to have any animal suffer, and the enjoyment of hunting is in the pursuit not the kill.. he helped me butchering a buck this year by helping me grind the meat...and he's a normal boy with lots of friends, just have present hunting as a way of life and to of utmost importance respect all the animals..

Yep thanks for the support. I have tried all those approaches. I'm sure she will be okay with it in a year or two. She isn't against hunting, mostly just doesn't want him to be talking about killing and shooting animals which he already does, without my help or encouragement btw. He goes to forest pre-school, loves watching videos of animals, and learning all the calls and associating them with various animals.

Kirk - I fondly remember going to a 3-D shoot with your family and watching your tiny grand daughter shooting and thought "How cool it that?". I'll just have to wait a bit I guess, but I'm definitely putting a lump of coal in her stocking!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Wow that chainsaw looks legit... I want one of those!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Haven't started archery with my son (6) , maybe this spring. He gets frustrated easily, quick temper like his mama haha

Hermit, if she doesn't come around in a few years you could always have a discussion around her inheritance

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Hermit, if she doesn't come around in a few years you could always have a discussion around her inheritance
    Even better, tell her you are downsizing and will be moving in with them so she can look after you in your "advanced age"

Sorry about that Bill,
    My kid is 7 we are out all the time. My wife hunts with us too. I cant address the situation you are in. But obviously you have talked about it in depth. You are a smart guy, if you havent changed her mind now. Just keep at it bit by bit. Pressure right now with covid will help no one.