Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: so who all got deer this year

Re: so who all got deer this year

Nothing this year but didn’t spend nearly as much time as usual...

Tagged out. One buck region 3 and 2 bucks region 2. Definitely saw fewer deer, not the big ones and in different places this year, both in summer and during hunting season.

I shot one. Reg 2 blacktail.

I would say I saw less deer than usual. Numerous trips to the high country showed less than usual. Few cameras I had out showed a decent number of deer still, just not when I was out there.

saw some great mule deer, took two blacktails, one nice mature 3x3 and one young 2x2, going to figure out the pics again and post up my season in review

got my 4 point mulie,,,,,,and a doe whitetail,,,,,,,seen tons of 2 point--3 point bucks this year again,,,,,,hoping good turn over for next year,,,,,if survival rate is good,,,,,should be a small handfull of good bucks in couple spots i hunt for next year
    Aim small,,miss small

Got lucky this year with a deer and elk on solo hunts ( no meat split with a partner). Been a great bird season too. Aside from the odd chicken , been eating free range organic high quality game meat daily. (Just breaded some grouse strips for lunch)

Unfortunately, means dont need any more meat and probably wont go after a spring bear next year.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 12-14-2020 at 11:44 AM.

No deer this year. Only the third time in 40 years of hunting that has been the case. Elk and a moose though. Didn't see a muley that would break 140" this year but only hunted them 3 days. Saw one whitetail over 160" for the last two days of the season but didn't have permission on that property and never caught him crossing onto the neighbors where I did have permission.

Saw double digits of whitetail bucks over 130" in the last 5 days of the season though. And this year was a personal best for numbers of bull moose, 9 two point bulls, 8 tripalms, and 6 in the early season.
    Saw 5 fully mature muleys that were 2x2's or 3x3's, heavy mass, big frames. Usually don't see more than one in a season up here. All in all, more deer than last year I think.

Arrow Re: so who all got deer this year

Did not make it out for blacktails (a first for me).
    Took one whitetail dry doe in Region 4 and another in Region 8.
    Lots of complaints from the many landowners we know in both areas, calling this fall "like a war zone with goofs from the LML around every corner". Heard many citations of piss poor behavior and poaching incidents.
    Lowest number of deer we have ever seen in both areas.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2 excellent hunts this year - one for muleys and the other for whitetail. Never pulled the trigger. Saw deer but just not the right one in the right place at the right time. Hunted hard and I enjoyed it immensely. Camp life was excellent in getting away from the enslavement shoved down our throats by conformist chickens.

For the first time in over 25+ years did not do at least one trip to the interior. As a result I put some effort into hunting Island blacktails for the first time in 15 years but was not successful. I went out 9 days and saw very few deer, 16 in total. I blew an opportunity on the only decent buck I saw. I re-visited areas where we had been successful on large bucks years ago but there was not nearly the abundance of sign as before and definitely not the amount of deer. I did however discover the 80% timbered slopes I used to easily navigate 35-40 years ago have somehow become steeper and more of a challenge. Congratulations to all of the successful hunters.