Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: so who all got deer this year

Re: so who all got deer this year

My 2020 WT Buck..

Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by keno View Post
    I got my first deer ever this year.
    It's only my third year hunting and i finally took deer hunting seriously this year. I started hunting a couple years ago for grouse and rabbits, but not much else. This year I told myself that this is the the year I get my first deer. It paid off apparently haha. I could tell the whole story, but it would never come close to explaining how I felt about it:
    Long, long LONG story short my first deer was a blacktail buck, taken with my bow. My hunting partner and best friend were there for a week. We were spot and stalk bowhunting, but there were lots of deer where we were and there had been many heartbreaking close calls over that week for both of us. The last morning was the rainiest and windiest of them all. After a long week, on the last day I honestly didn't want to get up. I didnt want to go out and hunt. I felt defeated. My partner talked me out of it. He said "this is where the fairytale endings happen."
    It did.
    After crawling around in the rain for 5 days I got gorgeous blacktail buck. First bow kill ever, first deer ever. It was a great day.
    Ive grown up around farmers, ranchers, and I've cooked professionally for practically half my life. I've learned butchery and curing meat - I'm no stranger to the reality of processing food. Hunting was something I needed to do- and I have confirmed i am a lifelong hunter.
    Right on, you should post the story and pics, congrats BTW, that is no easy feat with a bow...

^^^that's a beauty Wayne!

Yup. Handsome buck Wayne. Some funny looking animals out there, but that’s a classic!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Smaller 4 pt whitetail in BC with the Bow(first bow kill) and a heavy 4 point whitetail in AB in November
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF