Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: so who all got deer this year

Re: so who all got deer this year

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    Got x2 R2 bucks. Had a whole week off in November. Saw two does all season making that 4 deer spotted in R2 Sept-Dec
    Blacktails? ... Post them up!!

BCHunterFSJ. Beautiful animals you got there !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    took a whitetail doe reg 8 honey hole... 5 minutes into morning shooting light...have taken 7 deer within 500 feet of this spot...a pinch point between where they eat and where they bed...
    So cool! Got my first whitetail (doe, region 3) this year, then focused on getting a whitetail buck (region 5). Got a couple of nice bucks on the game camera, but they didn't want to show themselves during daylight hours. Got the hard part nailed down though, found where they are hanging out, now I need to implement patience and learn how to do a better job calling. All the best in the New Year!

my dad killed a blacktail that weighed around 250 pounds with the guts out, heavy horned to.
    Last edited by E-J Kooij; 01-26-2021 at 02:49 PM.

congrats on your first...awesome

it was a perfect set up this year...when the wind is right the deer will always come right past my spot at or just before daybreak...If they are early, I know where they go to bed down...and the doe bedding area is approachable...the bucks go higher up and the only way to get to them is back and forth on switch backs while they watch you go up..heheh I have tried to put a play on bucks there but no luck where they bed

I got up extra early....slowly walked 1km from camp to sit and wait for first light...I walked a bit too fast and was quite warm when I got to my spot even though there was a light rain...I was sitting there in the dark sipping my coffee in a tshirt and light rain thinking life does not get any better than this (I actually said to myself, "I am gonna request to have some ashes spread here when I die) …

all of a sudden, the clouds whisked away and it was shooting light in barely a blink of the eye...I think it caught the deer off guard a bit and they moved up from the farm fields too late to take advantage of the darkness...

I am not the most patient at sitting and waiting so I sit until I can see farther than I would be heard (wind and terrain and other conditions determine how quiet/noisey things are so it is a bit of a gut feeling on when to move)…

I had not moved more than 10 feet from my sitting spot when I spotted a decent sized doe...bang...70 lbs of meat....

In between "bang" and "70 lbs of meat" there is a bit more to the story but i'll leave it at that for now
    Quote Originally Posted by callnmin View Post
    So cool! Got my first whitetail (doe, region 3) this year, then focused on getting a whitetail buck (region 5). Got a couple of nice bucks on the game camera, but they didn't want to show themselves during daylight hours. Got the hard part nailed down though, found where they are hanging out, now I need to implement patience and learn how to do a better job calling. All the best in the New Year!
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 01-26-2021 at 04:08 PM.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Small 4pt mule deer with compound bow and nice whitetail rifle, both region 8

Got a 3pt blacktail near the end of the season, region 2, the EXO was loaded.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1181.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	8266  

I saw about a thousand deer this year, not exaggerating a bunch of moose a bunch of cow elk too. I got some photos with 5-10 bucks in one picture some good videos too. One of the best years I have ever had.

I saw a huge mule buck three days before opening day, it is the biggest deer I have seen standing live. Watched it for over ten minutes with the video camera within 50 yards.

I also saw my biggest whitetail buck this year. I saw it two days after I used my tag on a doe.

I shot a nice four point muley on my last day in the field over 200lbs dressed out.

I got my first deer ever this year.
    It's only my third year hunting and i finally took deer hunting seriously this year. I started hunting a couple years ago for grouse and rabbits, but not much else. This year I told myself that this is the the year I get my first deer. It paid off apparently haha. I could tell the whole story, but it would never come close to explaining how I felt about it:
    Long, long LONG story short my first deer was a blacktail buck, taken with my bow. My hunting partner and myself went to the gulf islands for a week long hunt. We were spot and stalk bowhunting, but there were lots of deer where we were and there had been many heartbreaking close calls over that week for both of us. The last morning was the rainiest and windiest of them all. After a long week, on the last day I honestly didn't want to get up. I didnt want to go out and hunt. I felt defeated. My partner talked me out of it. He said "this is where the fairytale endings happen."
    It did.
    After crawling around in the rain for 5 days I got gorgeous blacktail buck. First bow kill ever, first deer ever. It was a great day.
    Ive grown up around farmers, ranchers, and I've cooked professionally for practically half my life. I've learned butchery and curing meat - I'm no stranger to the reality of processing food. Hunting was something I needed to do- and I have confirmed i am a lifelong hunter.
    Last edited by keno; 01-27-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America