Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-20 anterless Elk Draw..

7-20 anterless Elk Draw..

Have a late season elk draw for 7-20. Who wants to take me into their honey hole?? Ill happily donate a neck roast!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-20 anterless Elk Draw..

Hmm mm sent you a pm..
    Cheers
    Srupp

Good luck. Not much snow to speak of in the dawson creek area but I was just outside 20 mins ago and I could hear them chirping. plan to be shooting mine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Good luck. Not much snow to speak of in the dawson creek area but I was just outside 20 mins ago and I could hear them chirping. plan to be shooting mine tomorrow.
    Good luck, whatcha gonna do with the neck roast?

I would like to know how you made out. I am debating heading up to 7-21 for the elk LEH before winter settles in. I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time.

Lol. I try to shoot them in the neck. Neck roasts and ankle roasts I think are the same cut.
    Got a little windy thru the night and not a animal to be seen. Probably a good thing because a -21 my tractor don't like to start without a can of ether.

Quote Originally Posted by kflepage View Post
    I would like to know how you made out. I am debating heading up to 7-21 for the elk LEH before winter settles in. I'm wondering if I would be wasting my time.
    They're around. With the snow mostly melted and a good supply of feed around the country it's hard to pin point where they might be. I'm kind of at a disadvantage because the elk has to be shot on my own property.

They're around. With the snow mostly melted and a good supply of feed around the country it's hard to pin point where they might be. I'm kind of at a disadvantage because the elk has to be shot on my own property.
    Feeling your pain but my disadvantage is that my property has no elk and I can't even hunt on it.

Just got back from 7-32,also had a LEH draw for cow elk. I've never been up in that part of the province before so I was very excited to go. We had permission to hunt on a ranchers property. The first day we saw three separate herds. One had over 70 animals in it. That herd crossed back onto buddies property right where I was standing not and hour before. Go figure. The next morning we saw the same herd again as they were heading into the bush on the neighbor's property witch we did not have permission to hunt on. Then the wind started to blast and it didn't let up till the afternoon of the last day,and we didn't see any more elk for the rest of our 5 day trip. That being said it was still a great trip. Sure didn't expect to see that many animals like we did on the first day. Hope you have better luck than we did. Good luck.

Lol. I try to shoot them in the neck. Neck roasts and ankle roasts I think are the same cut.
    Got a little windy thru the night and not a animal to be seen. Probably a good thing because a -21 my tractor don't like to start without a can of ether.
    hmm never tried an ankle roast. Tractor hey? Sounds like you’re the guy to know !