Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

BC asked hunters a number of years ago if there should be a orange clothing law. Thankfully, the proposed law was rejected by BC hunters and the suggestion was made for hunters to wear whatever color clothing made them feel most comfortable.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

Hunters who wear hunter orange are seven times less likely to be shot!
    https://www.oldschoolsportsnny.com/p...ge-saves-lives

A colleague told me that he was shot at more than one time but luckily missed while hunting. He wore only camo.

42% of all statistics are made up on the spot, lol.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I cary a yellow glassing pad and an orange kill kit bag. If I ever get something down and I need to pack it out I make sure the yellow pad or orange bag are well displayed. Sad to think it's something we have to think about. How many times have you come across a hunter in the bush who is using their rifle as binoculars. Fairly common.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Uh. What is the follow up to this story anyway ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Growing up in Ontario I was required to wear hunter red or orange...the first time hunting in BC and putting on the colours my hunting buddies made fun of me. So going with the crowd I dawned my camo, felt naked at first but started to feel better when I couldn't be seen by other hunters. I have had guys walk past with in feet and not see me. I don't get chatty with anyone that is not in my party so I just let them go in their merry way.
    I do have a lightweight red vest and toque in my pack that I wear after bagging an animal or there seems to be a bunch of other guys around when heading back out of the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Uh. What is the follow up to this story anyway ?
    Arctic Lake
    Gentleman in his mid sixties accidently shot himself and died. Don't know details . Should come out in the news eventually unless they decide to lump it into covid stats.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

Hunters who wear hunter orange are seven times less likely to be shot!
    https://www.oldschoolsportsnny.com/p...ge-saves-lives

A colleague told me that he was shot at more than one time but luckily missed while hunting. He wore only camo.

The statistical probability of me being shot regardless of what i am wearing is minute , even smaller than the improbale chance of being mauled by a bear. Hell , i could probably dress as a deer and most days i would be fine.

There is probably a statistic about how much worrying about nothing affects your health. That , my friend , is a stat you should be focusing on.

Maybe it's just me but blaze orange looks black under low light conditions. If you're worried about being shot while out hunting I'd suggest wearing a head light.

It is a unfortunate accident that isn't the first nor will it be the last. The sad thing is that many of these types of accidents are easily avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    it takes this kind of stupidest that might had killed someone ,,why did this man working behind the counter have a loaded handgun ?? just plain stupid..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

We had a fatality at the KTSA IPSC competition in 2017. Dr. Richard Cho from the LML was the victim. It was an in-intentional discharge of his own firearm when he fumbled it and it discharged hitting him in the stomach. He was administered first aid immediately and BC Ambulance were quickly on site and transported him to the hospital where he sadly succumbed to the injury.
    Unless there are first hand witnesses you never know what really transpired.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"