Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

I only will have one tubed if I am in ready carry...if I shoulder my rifle I will remove the bullet from the tube...especially on my remmy that doesn't lock the bolt when on safety as the bolt will come open an I will lose a shell

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    But this hunter died from a self inflicted gunshot.....correct???
    So, if we are discussing the OP, then its all about gun safety while in your hands.
    I rarely put a bullet in the chamber while hunting.
    I have a rifle, an older Husky, that i had a gunsmith reduce the trigger pull (well known out of Vernon but did a piss poor job)
    Now, the safety moves so easily and is no longer safe.
    Many times early on, if i did have one in the chamber, and safety on, and on my shoulder, i would check it, and many times the
    safety had moved to fire.
    Suppose it would rub along my back pack.

So now, nothing in the chamber until i am ready to fire!
    And honestly, it doesn't take long to load.
    Did have it jam on me this season however, which made for an interesting hunt when i took that MD.
    But rather that then taking a fall, and blowing my head or foot off.
    Or worse, having it hit a hunting partner that is walking along side of me.

The only time we have one in the tube is when gutting game in GBear country.
    And we all tell everyone there.
    We all show each other how our particular rifle safety works first.
    That comes first.
    Gun safety!
    Safety first, get the gun fixed or replace it.....

More OLD NEWS, what's the fascination with all the OLD NEWS on this site?
    Ya opens er up and no new replies just OLD NEWS, Hopping to read about hunter getting shot, dam it happened ages ago, disappointing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Safety first, get the gun fixed or replace it.....
    Well, i would like to fix it.
    However, my understanding is there are no after market adjusting trigger assembly replacements for Husky's
    (they are no longer manufactured for the public, so no market for after market parts).
    I should replace it, but i just don't really have the money to throw at another decent rifle
    (I know, some will say that Husky's aren't real expensive to begin with, but it shoots better than a lot of very expensive rifles).
    I have eyed the Sako Bavarian.
    Just waiting on a money windfall.
    But, the truth is my hunting years are more behind me than in front of me now, so spending big money on a rifle doesn't make
    much sense unless you have money to burn.

Just keep the bullet out of the tube until i am ready to fire, and its very safe.

In Michigan, yesterday around 6 PM, a 17 year old hunter accidentally shot with a rifle his 12-year-old brother who is now listed in serious but stable condition.
    Thought he was shooting at a deer from his tree stand.

Details to come!
    Teen shot younger brother after confusing him for deer, deputies say – Boston 25 News

in Michigan
    All firearm hunters on any land during daylight hours must wear a blaze orange hat, vest, jacket, or rain gear. Camouflage that is at least fifty percent blaze orange is acceptable. Exception: Archery hunters during archery deer season; archery bear hunters; turkey and migratory bird hunters; falconers; stationary hunters pursuing bobcat, coyote, or fox.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    In Michigan, yesterday around 6 PM, a 17 year old hunter accidentally shot with a rifle his 12-year-old brother who is now listed in serious but stable condition.
    Thought he was shooting at a deer from his tree stand.

Details to come!
    Teen shot younger brother after confusing him for deer, deputies say – Boston 25 News

in Michigan
    All firearm hunters on any land during daylight hours must wear a blaze orange hat, vest, jacket, or rain gear. Camouflage that is at least fifty percent blaze orange is acceptable. Exception: Archery hunters during archery deer season; archery bear hunters; turkey and migratory bird hunters; falconers; stationary hunters pursuing bobcat, coyote, or fox.
    Update-(more to come)
    Michigan teen shoots brother after mistaking him for deer (nypost.com)

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

17-year-old charged with Careless Discharge of a Firearm Causing Injury.

The case will be held in juvenile court.

Officials said they are not releasing the names of the teen or his brother because they are minors.

Mich. teen who mistook brother for deer and shot him charged (detroitnews.com)

That kid is so grounded this weekend!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Vermont hunter accidentally shot , mistaken for bear

Neither wore hunter orange which is recommended.
    The 35-year-old victim was hit in the abdomen by a single gunshot as he was walking to a tree stand on private land in a wooded area recently

Man who mistook fellow hunter for a bear charged in shooting incident (mynbc5.com)

Good reminder people lets Orange up and be sure of are target... share this with your family and be safe.