Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    <Most>dedicated bow hunters are extremely conscious about where and what they are shooting at.

Always a hell of a lot safer when the LML Wannabee's ain't out there.
    And I’ve seen MANY clowns out there with bows. Last time was when one came walking right through our camp. Like right between our tents (we were NOT camped on a road or trail). And you guessed it... We were ON THE ISLAND.

My point was, you might be safer in a per capita way, as there are way less people out during archery season, but you still need to be careful and aware. There are plenty of numbskulls out there with bows, and not all are from your dreaded “LML”.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I used to know a bowhunter who took an arrow in the shoulder, years ago, I was surprised at how lucky he was, a couple inches over and he would of taken it in the chest.

Arrow Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    ... My point was, you might be safer in a per capita way, as there are way less people out during archery season, but you still need to be careful and aware. There are plenty of numbskulls out there with bows, and not all are from your dreaded “LML”.
    And my point was that you are Exponentially Safer in a "per capita way".

Of course one still has to be aware of your surroundings and careful of what is there.
    For many, that goes with the territory called Hunting regardless.

And while I do agree that numbskulls can be found anywhere, I stand by my assertion that the LML produces MUCH more than it's share in this regard.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    And my point was that you are Exponentially Safer in a "per capita way".

Of course one still has to be aware of your surroundings and careful of what is there.
    For many, that goes with the territory called Hunting regardless.

And while I do agree that numbskulls can be found anywhere, I stand by my assertion that the LML produces MUCH more than it's share in this regard.

Cheers,
    Nog
    While that is probably true due to more population down here and more uneducated hunters compared to some areas north of the LML. There are still morons in any community. I have seen my fair share of ass hats from local communities while hunting outside of the LML. I have also met some hunters while in the bush ask where I come from and immediately their tone changes when I say the valley. Had one guy tell me he is tired of us comming up and hunting his area..sounds like another certain group doesn't it..

The LML bashing on this site is getting pretty old. Creating separation is not helping anyone or our cause.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Small town rednecks are some of the dumbest people I've noticed in my commutes

most ( well lots anyway) of us so called LML city slickers that hunt are just transplanted bushfolk with "city skills" that had to leave the countryside/bush...to find work to raise our families...seeing how theres f-all for work left in the bush
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 12-27-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Well said boys!

Nog- I know you are a long time member here, and I often agree with you and enjoy your posts. In this case, you are belabouring a moot point. I was merely pointing out (pun intended) that to say you are exponentially safer in bow season is ridiculous. If you took away all rifle seasons, and everything was equal and everyone used bows, there would be just as much stupidity. That’s where the per capita stats come in. If there are only a few hundred guys hunting province wide, instead of the usual few thousand, of course you are going to see less people and thusly less accidents. That doesn’t mean it’s because people have rifles or currently live in a certain area that they are going to cause more accidents. If there were only a few hundred people out in rifle season, there would not be the same number of incidents. An arrow or bolt will kill you just as dead if you misuse it.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I don't understand how someone can mistake a human for a huntable species. It's pretty simple, if you are not certain of your target and beyond, don't shoot, in fact don't even raise your weapon. If your eyesight makes this difficult, it's time to hang up your weapon.

Guaranteed bow only seasons are safer than GOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Guaranteed bow only seasons are safer than GOS!
    I don't know. The early bow season is during youth only rifle in some areas. That can get down right scary sometimes. I have seen some questionable 'adults' mentoring youth during the early season.
    WSSBC
    CCFR