Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Yikes ! He was sitting on his quad sheeeese !
    Arctic Lake
    About 20 years ago, the end of a long day of hiking in the snow, a tad dehydrated, and tired I was slowly walking down a skidder rd back to my Honda bike. Even knowing that I was getting close to where I'd left it, as I glanced up through the fog about 100 meters away at the apex of a corner, I saw a really tall rack on a buck. I dropped to a knee and raised my rifle with thumb on the safety, and there in my scope was my motorcycle with those damned mirrors (antlers). I almost shot my bike! Scared the shit out of me thinking about that and I've never forgotten the lesson. Always Always Always confirm the target beyond doubt with my binos BEFORE raising the rifle. I got lucky, others won't. Be careful out there boys and girls.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    LOL Well having worked with a local PD (as a shrink) I could tell you some stories! Accidentally blowing a big hole in the roof of a squad car with the shotty, firing not one but two 9mm rounds into the floor of the locker, etc. Shit happens once in a while no matter the training and experience everyone can have a total brain fart and screw up.
    A bit scary.
    Another Kid story - he's deer hunting in the Princeton area, tracking a buck up a cut block when he sees a truck at the top of the cut block glassing the buck. He stops, walks back to his truck and drives to the top, stops to chat. One of the guys is leaning his rifle on a truck hood lining up the buck, takes a shot, missed by a mile, can't figure it out. Son looks at the front of the truck says "Umm, you seem to have hydraulic fluid dripping out and a hole in your hood." Guess the guy didn't compensate for the fact that the barrel sits a lot lower than the scope.

If the last person shot in a hunting accident in BC is in 2014, I'll keep hunting. Probably have better odds getting the COVID.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I’ve never really worried about being shot while out walking along my favourite trails.
    Can’t say the same when I’m out for a walk around my neighborhood.
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    First thing I learned about guns is to never point the muzzle at something you don't intend to shoot,then check to see if it is loaded.
    Some people are just plain stupid!
    Maybe he didn't like himself.
    Always-a must!
    Also when hunting with others my rifle/shotgun chamber is always empty unless ready to shoot.

Recent hunters shooting accidents

3 hunters in just a few days were shot accidentally in western Pennsylvania-2 have died.

Also a hunter in Texas accidentally killed his 11 year old daughter (also a hunter) with a 30-30 Nov. 27

More info

1) Nov. 20, Gary Hunt, 64, a retired police officer, was shot in the abdomen by his hunting companion’s .270-caliber rifle
    Hunt and his companion, a 42-year-old, were hunting black bear. The 42-year-old crossed the creek with Hunt following him and the rifle discharged behind him when he slipped.

Corry man killed in hunting accident | News | meadvilletribune.com

2) 71-year-old William Tripp was shot in the head Nov. 27 by a .243.
    A young relative of Tripp's attempted to shoot a deer and instead struck Tripp, who was about 300 yards away,

Child Shoots, Kills Relative In PA Deer Hunting Accident: Report | Across Pennsylvania, PA Patch

3) Lawrence S. Pavolko, 58 was accidentally shot in the chest by his son with a .30-06 rifle during a deer hunt. He survived.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/albion-man-hospitalized-hunting-incident-144600447.html

Texas shooting accident

Texas girl accidentally shot and killed by dad on Thanksgiving hunting trip - National | Globalnews.ca

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Certain types of hunting seconds count so one in the pipe is acceptable.
    Hunting the promised land

If my pipe is in my hand,it's loaded.No good if it isn't.
    Like a camera with no film.
    My gun is a tool,if you don't know how to use it you should use it.
    People make mistakes.It is a sad fact.

Without my rifle being loaded with 3 & the safety on I would have taken many few deer.

hunting around home i don't usually walk around with one loaded
    sheep hunting on the other hand there's always one in the tube till I'm getting back on the float plane or truck.
    even when im sleeping with it beside me in the tent... muzzle obviously pointing down
    Last edited by madcalfe; 12-05-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Another hunter killed yesterday afternoon. Details to come.

37 year old Nathan Allen Sharpnack was taking part in a deer drive with a large group of hunters in Iowa when he was fatally shot.

https://kelo.com/2021/12/05/iowa-hun...tally-wounded/
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein