Thread: Went out on a whim

Went out on a whim

Last night at about 11:00, just before going to bed, I checked the weather forecast and when I saw that it wasn't going to be an ugly day, I decided to go duck hunting in the morning up at the Harrison R. area.

Woke up at three and never did fall back to sleep so I got up at 3:30 and watched tv until I had to leave at 5:15. It was pretty slow overall. If I had really been on the ball I might have been quick enough to get shots off at a few more birds that came directly over my back to have a look see but those ones seem to come out of nowhere and just kept going.

Ended up hunting until ten,,,,got half a limit. Used about a row and a half of shells out of the box today. Wish it could have been more.

Last edited by mastercaster; 12-10-2020 at 07:04 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Went out on a whim

Nice going, looks like a few good meals there,
    dog looks happy to be out with you.

Is your dog a Griffon? I was thinking of looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by justachip View Post
    Is your dog a Griffon? I was thinking of looking for one.
    Yup. Not many breeders in Canada,,,,most are in the east. Don't think there are any in BC unless it happens to be a back yard breeding. One breeder in Alberta, none in the other prairie provinces as far as I know. Lots in the States, especially in Idaho but don't know how you could ever get a pup over the line now. Mine is from a very good breeder in Quebec.

I’ve been in contact with a number of breeders down south (GSP’s though) but none of them are able to ship pups here at this time. At least that’s what they told me. If COVID restrictions are lifted it’d change things obviously.

Congrats on the hunt looks like a good time.
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"