Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Arctic oven tent and Trekker Diesel Heater for fly in trips

Re: Arctic oven tent and Trekker Diesel Heater for fly in trips

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    In your situation with a tent that holds heat as well as an arctic oven, you actually might be better served with a NuWay propane heater instead. Cheaper to buy than a Trekker and fast and easy to light when you need it.
    Those NuWay propane stoves are pretty nice. A couple bottles on a moose hunt in the wall tent and you could cover lighting, the cook stove and the heater. I’ve been reading up on them for a bit and I’m seriously thinking of going that way.

Interesting, I thought they burnt way more propane than that.

Have only used the wood stove but have been thinking of getting one of the diesel heaters as well.
    Bit pricey but seems like it would be very convenient.

Deakin | Camp Equipment | Diesel Oil Stove TREKKER 12,000 BTU

(112) Lighting the Trekker and Expedition Heaters: - YouTube

Looking on the nuway website and it looks like the small 3000 2 burner would be the ticket. It has two 10,000 btu burners. You would fire both up for a quick heat up and then dial it back to low on one. Both models weigh 10 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Looking on the nuway website and it looks like the small 3000 2 burner would be the ticket. It has two 10,000 btu burners. You would fire both up for a quick heat up and then dial it back to low on one. Both models weigh 10 lbs.
    I have a good wood stove for my 10x12’ Deluxe wall tent and while it works fine it is big and bulky and a pain to use. That NuWay 3000 unit looks like it would be a lot smaller, much lighter and a lot less pain to use. In a smaller wall tent like mine it might just be the ticket.

Has anyone got any experience with the Geostove? A friend of mine bought one and really likes it and it looks like you can cook on the top.

I’ve used Arctic oven 10 and just upgraded to a 12. These things hold the heat. I understand the new lighter AO has the same material so should also be warm. Diesel heater seems overkill to me. We just fly in a wood stove and bags of firewood. We only heat it at night to dry out gear. It takes almost nothing to get that tent warm for a couple hours each day. I sleep better in a cold tent anyway.

Have a 12X12 Arctic oven..Stove is used for drying gear. Very comfortable in nasty weather..

I’m going to go with the great nunatak. It’s the new one and it’s lighter but has the same fabric. Going to go with the propane stove.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I’m going to go with the great nunatak. It’s the new one and it’s lighter but has the same fabric. Going to go with the propane stove.
    that sounds like the way to go !
    those AO hold the heat so good you don’t need a big stove in there , sounds like the propane will work really good.