Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Last week Kamloops waterfowl hunt

Re: Last week Kamloops waterfowl hunt

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    on a side note,,,,,i have also floated 2 whitetail out with it,,,,accross 1 of my favorite ponds/sloughs in kamloops in late Oct,,,when thin layer of ice was covering,,,,,,trust me,,,it can do the job
    Do you hunt out of the U boat or do you use it more for transportation and getting you to a hunt able spot?

Quote Originally Posted by 3than View Post
    Do you hunt out of the U boat or do you use it more for transportation and getting you to a hunt able spot?
    i have places where i hunt from it and other places its used for transportation,,,,,,this time of year though,,,,,its only used for grabbing waterfowl thats to deep to walk with my waders
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    I love the belly "U" boat,,,,i swear by it,,,,,i weighed everything about it,,,,,the only bad thing is you cant be with a buddy unless he has one too,,,,,you can pack it anywhere you want,,,,hunting or fishing,,,,,and there is absolutely no limit where u can take it,,,,,you can buy really cheap blow ups you can tow on it,,,,the blow ups alone can carry 120 pounds,,,,,so there is not much of a limit on them,,,,,hunting or fishing,,,,,,,,,i have hunted ponds/sloughs,,,,,,,iv put 4 dozen duck deeks and 2 dozen goose deeks on an extra float,,,,,and thats easy peazy,,,well,,,if not fighting a current from a stream,,,,,,i soooooo reccomend a "U" boat to water bird hunters,,,if hunters dont have a dog,,,,,,it is definately worth visiting the worth of a solo boat
    Sold! I've got a bellyboat for flyfishing and never thought of using it for retrieving. Using that and your extension pole idea just opened up a whole new hunt for me - thanks! Now I just need to get some decent dekes and i'm in business! Cheers, BR
    forever noob

I was thinking about using my belly boat as well back in September, but being the wrong color it will probably scare the birds away unless I hide it with Camo somehow.

What models do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by boilerroom View Post
    Sold! I've got a bellyboat for flyfishing and never thought of using it for retrieving. Using that and your extension pole idea just opened up a whole new hunt for me - thanks! Now I just need to get some decent dekes and i'm in business! Cheers, BR
    glad i could help,,,,,if u have any more questions id be happy to answer them
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    I was thinking about using my belly boat as well back in September, but being the wrong color it will probably scare the birds away unless I hide it with Camo somehow.

all you have to do is turn the belly boat upside down,,,,,,,the black bottom of boat will blend no problem in long grass//in shade//or behind brush
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    What models do you recommend?
    the only thing i recommend for a boat is as long as it is a "U" boat,,,,,makes life alot easier getting in/out of boat multiple times in the day
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by boilerroom View Post
    here is a pic of my home made extenda pole
    Aim small,,miss small

just an old tent pole,,,,,,duct tape,,,,,and i clipped the ends off of 4 plastic hangers,,,,,,worth it to have an extra 10--15 yards reach
    Aim small,,miss small