Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last week Kamloops waterfowl hunt

Last week Kamloops waterfowl hunt

The birds are startin to flock up good and holding strong in the loops before the hop down to the coast
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Last week Kamloops waterfowl hunt

the goose hunting been awesome this year again,,,,have been greatfull to harvest aprox 17 birds this year so far,,,,,,come March 1st,,,,,,should be tons of geese kickin around for 2nd opener
    Aim small,,miss small

ha ha love the bufflehead...
    last time i shot one of those i was a kid and my dad said (what next the egg?)

congrats on all the geese.

what direction from town are you going?

not sure why,,,,but i love the smaller ducks,,,,,id shoot a whole bag limit of all 3 species of teal if i could,,,,,lol,,,,,i find the smaller the breast,,,the easier it is to prep them to get the game taste out easier,,,,,,game taste dont bother me,,,,,but at Christmas i do a whole platter of appetizers of game birds i have harvested that season,,,,,most of the waterfowl i do a bacon wrap on them,,,,,just to get the non-hunters in the family/friends to eat them,,,,,,as far as where i hunt,,,,,,this time of year,,,,,,just north of kamloops,,,,,and both east and west of the loops,,,,,there 3 spots i focus on,,,,but i cant hit 2 of the spots hard until the fisherman are done for the year
    Last edited by B-rad; 12-08-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Aim small,,miss small

Looks great, thanks for sharing...I can't wait to have time to get into waterfowl hunting..

When hunting Mulies near Logan Lake back in October, whatever water that was not frozen was covered in ducks, hundreds upon hundreds of birds!

Next year the shotgun will accompany me on my Interior deer hunts, it would be nice to change things up a bit. I hope some of those birds make their way down here to Brunswick Point / Lower Mainland, I'll be waiting.

Laurp.. in spring when I was on a boat east of Westham, I indeed saw hundreds of ducks. But that was in spring. I've ben out a couple times in a boat same area and while I did see dozens, certainly not the promising amount I saw in warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    not sure why,,,,but i love the smaller ducks,,,,,id shoot a whole bag limit of all 3 species of teal if i could,,,,,lol,,,,,i find the smaller the breast,,,the easier it is to prep them to get the game taste out easier,,,,,,game taste dont bother me,,,,,but at Christmas i do a whole platter of appetizers of game birds i have harvested that season,,,,,most of the waterfowl i do a bacon wrap on them,,,,,just to get the non-hunters in the family/friends to eat them,,,,,,as far as where i hunt,,,,,,this time of year,,,,,,just north of kamloops,,,,,and both east and west of the loops,,,,,there 3 spots i focus on,,,,but i cant hit 2 of the spots hard until the fisherman are done for the year
    ya i cook ducks like appetizeirs aswell...may go for a goose hunt yet. been a while since i cracked out a blind\benalli\or deeks.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    ya i cook ducks like appetizeirs aswell...may go for a goose hunt yet. been a while since i cracked out a blind\benalli\or deeks.
    yeah its alot of fun,,,,and a fun addiction,,,,,,i usually fill 2 deer tags by 2nd week of Oct.,,,,,then its full time game on for the waterfowl,,,,,,i hunt them hard till duck/geese close on Dec.23rd,,,,,,,,then i fire it back up again March 1st--March 10th,,,,hoping to harvest another handfull of geese
    Last edited by B-rad; 12-08-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    Aim small,,miss small

That’s awesome. Duck hunting has always been something I wanted to try.

What types of areas are you looking for to find birds? Do you set decoys or jump shoot them?