Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labs and packs

Re: Labs and packs

Thank you 35Rem for the info.Never thought about it much spaying ,neutering when to do it .In my experience it has not made any significant difference and that is not to say the science is wrong.None of my first 4 labs and golden retriever lived past 11 fixed or not ,but the last was neutered at 6 months lived to 15 so I guess in the long run there was a gene pool in him that was exemplary .Thanks again for you're explanation .

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Thank you 35Rem for the info.Never thought about it much spaying ,neutering when to do it .In my experience it has not made any significant difference and that is not to say the science is wrong.None of my first 4 labs and golden retriever lived past 11 fixed or not ,but the last was neutered at 6 months lived to 15 so I guess in the long run there was a gene pool in him that was exemplary .Thanks again for you're explanation .
    Genes are for sure a big part of longevity but the early spay/neuter issue isn’t only about life span. There are a whole host of other structural issues associated with early spay/neuter before growth plates completely close.
    Last edited by labguy; 12-10-2020 at 07:14 AM.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Thanks 35Rem, my 8 month old Lab is "not" looking forward to his first birthday.