Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did My Best Trying To Put Down A Few Wolves

Did My Best Trying To Put Down A Few Wolves

I tried my best to put a few wolves to sleep this past hunting season came close a few times but no cigar for me ,,LOL ,,the year is not over will try finding a few wolves somewhere

The new year might be more productive for me will see how all goes in 2021....
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Did My Best Trying To Put Down A Few Wolves

Good on ya for trying Wayne
    So what worked ......or didn't work..... for you ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

The wind was one of the factors for no success what did work is when the wind was blowing away from me but the wolves still held up aout around 150 yards out the few wolves that are still within my area are very cautious reason being is because these wolves have been reduced by the trapper and hunters they get smarter as the pack was reduced in numbers next time I head out and find fresh wolf tracks I will put scraps of
    deer carcass out and a trail cam facing the bait will check the cam two times a day in the morning and then in the late evening see if any tracks in the snow from wolves and if so the cam will tell me what time the wolves showed up,,if there is a showing i will set up so the wind is in my favor from the direction they came from,,,I heard that the trapper took 29 wolves out of the trap line that in his area ,,don't know if this is bull or not ??.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-05-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

We have very little snow so finding fresh sign is going to be tough.From late December on 'till Spring is best for me to hunt wolves.
    29 wolves on one trapline area is pretty good alright.Not like that around here.

Good luck Wayne...
    Glad to see your still kickin.
    Have a great X-Mas as well.

There is some packs almost that big in Peace River town St Isadore area.
    I have witnessed 6 running across the lake. Gone before the guns came out to play here in Horsefly.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    The wind was one of the factors for no success what did work is when the wind was blowing away from me but the wolves still held up aout around 150 yards out the few wolves that are still within my area are very cautious reason being is because these wolves have been reduced by the trapper and hunters they get smarter as the pack was reduced in numbers next time I head out and find fresh wolf tracks I will put scraps of
    deer carcass out and a trail cam facing the bait will check the cam two times a day in the morning and then in the late evening see if any tracks in the snow from wolves and if so the cam will tell me what time the wolves showed up,,if there is a showing i will set up so the wind is in my favor from the direction they came from,,,I heard that the trapper took 29 wolves out of the trap line that in his area ,,don't know if this is bull or not ??.
    really he is my hero

if someone else does it awesome.o dont shoot preds for sport i shoot them cause there predsi have seen what they do.

I have been checking regularly for your stories of success on the wolves. Wishing you the best in the coming few months.

Always interesting to follow your adventures! I had a pack come into a deer call during black tail season . The main pack stayed in the timber howling like crazy ,while two wolves snuck in silently. I caught movement running through the clearing at 180 meters. I got a good rest and howled at the two running wolves . One stopped and jumped up on a stump and howled back ..... the .270 interrupted the howl. Good luck this winter .
    No animals were hurt in the making of this video...just cooked up good and tasty !