Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin inreach

Re: Garmin inreach

I might switch to the yearly plan. I thought I would end up shutting it off for a few months a year at least but I've just kept it active year round. I've found there's at least a time or two a month it is nice to have. Even if you only drive a lot through BC it's nice to have since there are areas without cell service.

Every company seems to be using Covid 19 as an excuse to increase costs and cut employees/salaries/bonuses. Just like the government uses it to implement bills they've wanted past for a long time. I just switched to the yearly plan.

Garmin just made millions
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

All their prices have gone through the roof since garmin took over from roadpost. My understanding is zoleo is roadpost and much cheaper. Sucks me and all my hunting partners use these inreaches operated my garmin with prices going up

I don't like the fact that they increased the prices but i wouldn't be without mine. It still figures out to be one of the cheapest pieces of my hunting gear, in the summer when we go on holidays we use it to keep in touch with the kids. We don't turn ours off and will continue use it,just my 2cents
    Work and play are words used to describe the

same thing under differing conditions.
    -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Rusty, take a look at the ZOLEO satellite communicators. Very similar to the inReach mini for what it does, and costs $200 less and the plans are starting at $25 a month which is similar to the inReach freedom plan ($20)
    Toddbartell - big thanks for this advice — will check this system out for sure.

I like my gps as cell reception is not always possible.
    As far as InReach, that is for you to decide.
    But then again, Sat phones cost way more.

Just changed to an annual plan. I use mine all the time now when ever I go out

just received an email from garmin telling me they're bumping up the annual fee from $30 to $50

Once Starlink is up and running our InReach devices will be obsolete.