Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Carma

Re: Good Carma

Good on you Wayne and good to see your posts again.
    I like what ACB wrote as well - even though the guy said nothing is necessary he still managed to accept a 40 Creeks. If somebody helps me out like that i make sure he knows i appreciate it.

Found a watertight bag one time out in the jetboat - some people were out in the early spring in canoes and capsized. Bag had wallet with all ID cash and credit cards/ house & car keys and other items. We figured out who the guy was and contacted him. Drove in from Chilliwack to Maple Ridge to deliver it to him and he didn't even offer the few bucks in the wallet. Said thanks but man the piece of mind we just saved him by not having his stuff floating down the river was would be huge for me - frick, i had his address and the keys for his front door and car!!! Didn't actually feel like that guy appreciated what we did for him but hey - good Karma for me going forward

I thought the same thing - usually that exaggerated lip on the rim is tough to get the bead over. To break the bead we used to do it with the ATV tire inflated - do one side then air it up again (but not pop it over the rim lip) then break the other side - only way we could get it done old school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I'd say poorly designed rims would be the problem. We drove a sxs 30km out of the bush one time with a front flat after a stick went thru the sidewall. Up, down over logs, everything. Tire never came off the bead.
    I have a tire machine and do atv tires and they are usually really hard to get off the bead as well.

Great thing you did.Glad to see you back on hbc. Always enjoy your input

Good job. Thats good karma for sure.

10 psi should be fine. My ATV says 5!!!

Likely they just had zero. Lol

Not that you were expecting a reward But some people ! Good on ya Tyreguy !!
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Good on you Wayne and good to see your posts again.
    I like what ACB wrote as well - even though the guy said nothing is necessary he still managed to accept a 40 Creeks. If somebody helps me out like that i make sure he knows i appreciate it.

Found a watertight bag one time out in the jetboat - some people were out in the early spring in canoes and capsized. Bag had wallet with all ID cash and credit cards/ house & car keys and other items. We figured out who the guy was and contacted him. Drove in from Chilliwack to Maple Ridge to deliver it to him and he didn't even offer the few bucks in the wallet. Said thanks but man the piece of mind we just saved him by not having his stuff floating down the river was would be huge for me - frick, i had his address and the keys for his front door and car!!! Didn't actually feel like that guy appreciated what we did for him but hey - good Karma for me going forward

I thought the same thing - usually that exaggerated lip on the rim is tough to get the bead over. To break the bead we used to do it with the ATV tire inflated - do one side then air it up again (but not pop it over the rim lip) then break the other side - only way we could get it done old school.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Your a good man Wayne . Well done.big elk coming your way next year !
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

That’s awesome. Good on you for going out of your way to help them

Good on ya h1947. I cashed in some karma after a 12km hike last weekend. First truck I flagged down gave me a ride from halfway to Bamfield all the way to my buddy's house in Esquimalt.
    Always stop and see if people are ok!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Us hunter are one of a kind we are always doing good Karma helping out others when in need and not wanting nothing in return just a thank you is all we want to hear ..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Way to go, Wayne! Class act all around.