Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mathew's vs Hoyt vs Bowtech

Re: Mathew's vs Hoyt vs Bowtech

You will have to upgrade your compound on a regular basis with all the new technology every year. Buy a Chekmate and you will be set for life.

One word , "Chek-Mate" Heh , Heh , Heh.
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Switchback xt is smooth, compact and fast, so I bought one. It has a D-loop, pronghorn fall-away rest, and spott-hogg sites. Lovin 'it.
    Timing is everything

mathews switchback is a fantastic bow and so smooth to shoot you wouldnt regret buying one of those i didnt, I dont no of any dealers in canada who sell mathews so you may have to head south!

Chevy....Ford....Mopar..... everyone has their favourite that they've had good success with. Get whatever feels good to you and you don't have to 'work' at shooting. It should feel natural. Forget about what the brand is or what prestige it carries.
    IMHO

I just got back into archery after a 16 year lay-off!! The new technology today is amazing....Sandy from Quesnel claimed that he could outfit me with a bow that day and have me within the bulls-eye at 30 yards...well...it ended up being 50 yards instead! I was hooked. I believe, like anything else, there are a number of good packages out there. Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, ...... its up to the person releasing just like the person squeezing the trigger...All name brands are putting out good products nowadays. The other day at the club, my good friend Len was shooting his Bowtech (one that really doesnt appeal to me personally) and he was grouping them tight, not to mention that his Bowtech was significantly quieter than the Vectrix right beside him....I shoot a Hoyt Powertech and love it....However......Im not one to stick to one brand so Ted Stern showed me the new PSE X-Force.....guess what?....bought that one too....cant wait to try it.
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"

I started with a couple PSE's, have had a Mathews for a couple years, and now shoot a bowtech. I'm not loyal to any brand, but have made a promise to myself never to buy a bow again without getting my hands on it first. That happened with my mathews. I bought it blind and although it was the correct draw length and weight, it never felt just right. I have nothing against mathews, I may have bought a Drenalin insted of my Bowtech, but no body had any to try. The next time I go to buy a bow, I'll take a road trip to the mainland and hit a shop with more variety. I shot with a guy from PRIMOS last year and he was shooting the new Bear Truth bow. The funny thing was, he said he would rather be shooting his Hoyt, but he has to promote the gear his company is using. So unless you have a sponsor to pick up the tab for your gear, or you're a staff shooter, why be loyal to any one brand? Keep an open mind, try everything, and buy what fits you and your budget best.

I love my AR 34. Quiet, smooth, forgiving, light, accurate, 70# pull. I don't believe that they make this model any more but the updated AR models are likely every bit as good if not better.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

Bow Walker Guest

I've owned/shot/handled/drooled over quite a few different bows over the years. Almost all the major players' and some of the secondary manufacturers as well. Even a hybrid type bow. Without exception they all had one thing in common - quality of workmanship.

I own an shoot a Diamond, a Martin, a Hoyt, and a PSE. No, I am not married to any one particular brand name. They're all good. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Like Ron C. says - you gotta handle and shoot (if possible) the bow before you buy it. So get out there and do some fondling and drooling guys!

OK....just picked up my PSE X-FORCE TS from Ted Stern the other day.....all I can say is WOW!.....Its nice and smooth on the draw and rather quiet as well. I still feel that todays big names put out some quality gear because they need to keep business going. I truely believe that it has alot to do with who's pulling the string much like who's squeezing the trigger....either way...I love my Hoyt and my PSE...maybe I will try out a Bowtech...
    "....I got it in pepper laminate and see...it really does match the rest of the furniture!"