Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mathew's vs Hoyt vs Bowtech

Re: Mathew's vs Hoyt vs Bowtech

Hummer ...what shop does yer buddy own in AB ?

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Hummer ...what shop does yer buddy own in AB ?
    He and a partner have
    Sherwood Park
    Archery Lanes Inc
    Their facility is, to me, is like a bowling alley except they shoot bow & arrow. As part of that facility, they have a retail shop, repair and arrow making services etc.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, I really appreciate it. These replies confirm what I already knew from buying the right rifle: they all have there pro's and con's and best one is the one that feels best to you. After reading these replies I am now also going to try and take a look at APA, sounds like lots of people have and like them.

Where in PG are you? If you want we could meet up and you could take a couple shots with my bow, which is an APA, just to get the feel of of it.
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Hummer' View Post
    He and a partner have
    Sherwood Park
    Archery Lanes Inc
    Their facility is, to me, is like a bowling alley except they shoot bow & arrow. As part of that facility, they have a retail shop, repair and arrow making services etc.

I been there ... Nice place ... great shop

Just had Ted rig out my Katera :I may be biased but this is a nice outfit.

Smile Re: Mathew's vs Hoyt vs Bowtech

if you can also try the mathews switchback xt, veeerrrrrryyyyyy smooooooth both drawing and letting down, but your hand size and thr feel are important as well. i shoot now at 60 lbs after years of shooting at 70/88 so i can still do this game at 80 instead of pleying cards at the ofh.just my .02.

I am very pleased with my Hoyt Power Tec. It is 60 lbs. max and a pleasure to shoot.
    I used to shoot 75 lbs. but when the muscles are cold and the deer is close the contortions one goes through to pull the bow back makes for a non productive hunt.

You can't go wrong with Hoyt,Mathews or Bowtech they are all great bows. I have personally shot the Hoyt Katera and Katera XL ,Vectrix, Avenger as well as Mathews DXT,Drenalin Switchback XT, S2 as well as Bowtech General and Guardian. All shot very well. I chose the Switchback XT for it's smoothness over the rest but would shoot any of the others any time.
    BC4Bowhunter

I agree as well... all are good bows these days. I was out of archery for awhile too and just picked up a Matthews Switchback. I like it because it is compact and super smooth. Good price too.