Thread: Another BCWF Webinar - Recovery and Persistence of Interior Fraser Steelhead

Another BCWF Webinar - Recovery and Persistence of Interior Fraser Steelhead

Okee dokee -

We've got another webinar coming up. The last one hit a few bumps (we were limited on who could get in, the recording didn't work right, etc), but we figured it out and cleaned it up.

Hopefiully we're learning a bit about this process and this next webinar will work better.

Most of you already know this, but last year, only an estimated 38 Chilcotin steelhead made it back to spawn, down from over 3,000 in the 1980s. BCWF remains extremely concerned about the functional extinction of the Chilcotin and Thompson river steelhead.

On December 8 at 7pm, BCWF will host Rob Bison, Fisheries Stock Assessment Biologist, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, Resource Management - Kamloops. Rob has presented information similar to this to my club and he's pretty good and pretty knowledgeable (go figure - he's a scientist, right? Probably reads a book or two).

Rob will share findings on:
    - the potential for recovery
    - questions of persistence
    - evaluation of management levers

You can register for the webinar using this link . Please share this widely through your networks.

Date: December 8
    Time: 7:00 pm
    Format: Zoom Webinar
    Register: link

Please let me know if the links don't work.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another BCWF Webinar - Recovery and Persistence of Interior Fraser Steelhead

Bump.

I know that fish aren't as sexy as Mule deer, but don't forget this happens tomorrow, Tuesday night, December 8. Good info is available.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey