As opposed to derailing the thread on using a drone for hunting I thought I would start a new one.

The regulations in BC define hunting as:

Hunt & Hunting - includes shooting at, attracting, searching for
, chasing, pursuing, following after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently wounded, killed or captured: (a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or (b) while in possession of a firearm or other weapon.

So how about this hypothetical scenario:

You shoot an elk of a lifetime with a bow minutes before the legal close of hunting in the evening, it's early season, the temperature is hot and the elk takes off. Often a bow hunter will wait an hour for the animal to die. If you waited to search for the animal until the next morning you risk losing the entire animal because of the heat. So are you breaking the law (hunting at night) if you search for the animal since you would be technically 'hunting' by 'searching for' the animal 'with intention to capture the wildlife'?

To me the definition of Hunt & Hunting is way too broad from the definition that you'd find in a dictionary. What do you think?