Thread: Swarovski EL 10x42 non HD, would like to hear your opinion

Swarovski EL 10x42 non HD, would like to hear your opinion

I have an opportunity to buy the 10x42’s mentioned in the title. My hunting partner owns them and never uses them.
    I have come to understand that the HD version has been out since 2010. So that means these non swarovision ones are respectively 10+ yrs old.
    I know they are in perfect condition and no scratches on the glass or outer body.

what would be a fair price between friends?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swarovski EL 10x42 non HD, would like to hear your opinion

Dutch, "We" have the non-HD Swaro EL 10x42s from around 2002. Nice glass, but my wife was complaining in 2012 every time I took "her" binoculars hunting. So I now own Swarovision 10x42 EL's. Both of us are happy. The newer SV ELs are clear to the edge and a few noticeable ounces heavier due to the extra field flattening lens versus the non-SV 10 year older version. If I could choose, I'd have the SV version for my purposes, just better optically. That said the old ELs are very nice....maybe $1200 nice???? Good luck with the new "old" binos, if you like 'em, buy 'em!

I'm thinking around the 1500 Max price since the new els were on sale

1500 sounds decent, 1200 and you have yourself one heck of a deal on a fantastic pair of binos

I would not pay more than about 75% of the the price of new Swaro SLC10x42s...what ever that is in Canada. They are very nice optically, a bit more compact and would have zero wear on them.